This ad is expired.
WUSM Orthopaedic Surgery, Research Musculoskeletal Research Center
The Department of Orthopaedic Surgery at Washington University is recruiting for new faculty to join our research program in the broad area of musculoskeletal diseases and medicine. This is a tenure-track position, with appointment at the rank of Assistant Professor. Preference will be given to candidates with a proven record in musculoskeletal research. Areas of interest include, but are not limited to, stem/progenitor cells, multiomics, mechanobiology, tissue crosstalk and translational approaches. Applicants should have an earned PhD as well as post-doctoral research experience in biomedical engineering, genetics, cell and molecular biology or a related area of biomedical sciences. We encourage applications from women and individuals from racial and ethnic groups that are underrepresented in health-related sciences, consistent with NIH guidelines (https://grants.nih.gov/grants/guide/notice-files/NOT-OD-20-031.html).
The primary responsibility of the new faculty will be to develop an independent research program. Faculty are expected to establish an NIH-funded research program in an area that strengthens or complements existing programs in the Department, to participate in educational programs, and to collaborate with other faculty in the Musculoskeletal Research Center. We offer competitive salary and start-up funding.
- The Department has more than 10 labs specialized in bone, cartilage and spine biomechanics and biology focusing on injury and repair, osteoarthritis, osteoporosis, disc disease and cancer.
- Our labs are part of the Musculoskeletal Research Center, within state-of-the-art facilities in the heart of the Washington University Medical Center.
- The MRC research community includes more than 80 faculty. The MRC supports core labs in imaging, biomechanics, histology and animal models, as well as robust enrichment and training program, supported in part by an NIH Core Center Grant (P30) and Training Grant (T32).
- The Department consistently ranks in the top 3 in NIH funding among U.S. orthopedic departments.
- We value a collaborative approach to science. Faculty have joint appointments in basic science or teaching departments: Biomedical Engr., Cell Biology & Physiology, Developmental Biology, Mechanical Engr. & Materials Science. Graduate students are recruited from PhD programs in the Division of Biology and Biomedical Sciences (DBBS), and the McKelvey School of Engineering.
- Our faculty direct research programs at the Shriners Hospitals for Children, St. Louis, and co-direct the Washington University Center for Regenerative Medicine.
- Washington University is located in St. Louis, Missouri, part of a metropolitan area of 2.8 million people. The University campuses are located close to residential neighborhoods, parks, gardens, and numerous arts and cultural organizations.
- Please visit our websites for more information:
- Orthopaedic Surgery Research Labs: http://www.orthoresearch.wustl.edu/
- Musculoskeletal Research Center: https://musculoskeletal.wustl.edu/
- Department of Orthopaedic Surgery: https://www.ortho.wustl.edu/
- WU School of Medicine: https://medicine.wustl.edu/
- Center of Regenerative Medicine:http://devbio.wustl.edu/REGMED/
Inquiries can be addressed to email@example.com, Matthew J. Silva, Ph.D., Peterson Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery, and Co-Director of the Musculoskeletal Research Center.
To apply: Please send a Cover Letter, CV, Research Statement and list of references to Mr. Ian Koller (firstname.lastname@example.org). Review of applications will be done on a rolling basis, until the position is filled. Washington University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to an individual's sex, race, color, religion, age, disability status, protected veteran status, national or ethnic origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation. Women, minorities, protected veterans and the disabled are strongly encouraged to apply.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency