VP, Global Patient Solutions
United States - California - Foster CityUnited Kingdom - London
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
VP Global Patient Solutions (GPS)
*Note that his role can be based out of our Foster City, CA or Stockley Park, UK offices.
Gilead's Global Patient Solutions organization enables patient access to our life-saving medicines in more than 125 resource-challenged countries through innovative and sustainable partnerships. Reporting to the SVP, Global Patient Solutions and Intercontinental Region, this position is responsible for ensuring our efforts are focused on the opportunities with greatest impact and combining novel access programs, business model innovation, in-country operations and advocacy to ensure that Gilead treatments and technologies of public health importance are available and affordable.
As the primary voice for the world's most underserved populations, the GPS organization must form strong partnerships with local governments, regulatory agencies, public health officials and cross-functional internal partners to facilitate market access, public health programs, strategic partnerships, commercialization opportunities and overall operations. The VP, GPS will lead the organization and maintain top talent with the skills necessary to maximize worldwide success. This is also a highly visible role in which the VP, will partner closely with our Public Affairs, Government Affairs and Medical Affairs teams to engage with policy makers, thought leaders, and influencers to promote awareness of Gilead's work and champion the patient voice and experience.
- Strategic Engagement: Maximize the reach, impact, and efficiency of our access initiatives through strategic engagement with partners in select areas and geographies. Lead the analysis, insight and direction on segmentation, priorities and goals. Monitor trends and evolution of the regions, markets and potential commercial opportunities and adjust strategies as needed. Develop comprehensive strategy in priority countries within GPS markets.
- Distribution Management: Develop the most favorable conditions for the access and the maintenance of our products on the market while ensuring compliance, transparency, and best practice stakeholder management principles. Understand the regulatory environment and provide appropriate protections for Gilead's IP. Lead the strategic and tactical management of distributors and develop and implement strategies that facilitate effective market access. Ensure a high level of cross-functional collaboration and integration with the Commercial, Finance, and Manufacturing teams.
- Partnership Strategy: Partner with country governments, health organizations and other global partners to develop targeted plans for high priority countries. Working with regional leaders, identify barriers to patient access and develop plans to address. Create compelling value propositions based on health economics data; develop educational awareness programs. Also, partner with our Generic Voluntary Licensees who serve to manufacture our products in a high-quality fashion and offer them in GPS markets at affordable prices.
- Organization Development: Responsible for the development of the GPS team, including the development of operating structures, priorities, and key relationships in and out of Gilead. This position will also be responsible for alignment within the commercial organization so the team is effectively partnering with internal and external organizations to drive attainment of overall objectives.
- Public Relations: Build relationships with and act as liaison to key third-party influencers and external constituencies. Drive innovative approaches for engaging external organizations, educating them about Gilead, and partner with them on issues and projects of shared importance. Help champion the patient voice and experience. Partner closely with Public Affairs to engage with policy makers, thought leaders, and influencers to promote the awareness of Gilead's work and craft the compelling narrative. This role will be responsible for telling the Gilead GPS Story both internally and externally in a manner which inspires and engages others.
- Compliance and Risk Management: Design and develop access strategies that are consistent with Gilead's Business Conduct policies, local laws, and best practices. Work to ensure that our distributor and licensee partners also remain compliant on Gilead's behalf.
Background & Experience:
- Extensive experience in the pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry including expertise in global product strategic planning, tactical marketing, new product planning, portfolio management and lifecycle management
- Proven general management/P&L, commercial and matrix leadership experience
- Experience working in/with civil society/ NGOs, public heath, preferably in low- and middle-income countries
- Ability to manage, motivate and develop the team, possessing excellent interpersonal skills to lead individuals from a variety of cultures and disciplines.
- Direct experience in Virology/Infectious diseases, vaccines and/or Oncology products strongly preferred
- Intrinsic ambition to be an advocate for and contribute to delivering healthcare solutions to developing countries
- Proven track record implementing multidisciplinary and innovative approaches and practices at the intersection of health, government affairs, regulatory and commercial
- Propensity for new business opportunities/models, cost/benefit analysis, and a data-driven approach.
- Strong understanding of supply chain/distribution management
- Global experience required, specifically in emerging markets; high cultural fluency and literacy
- Demonstrated ability to structure and oversee large-scale, complex partnerships
- Strong understanding of communications, operations, legal, IP, finance, and compliance, with the ability to traverse these varied disciplines and develop effective and cohesive strategic and operational solutions
- Foreign language proficiency preferred
- Travel Requirement: 30% +
Skills & Behaviors:
- Self-motivator, enthusiastic, tenacious and energizing.
- Proactive and open to share, advise and coach colleagues.
- Agile in an evolving environment.
- Resilient with the ability to influence and deliver in an ambiguous environment.
- Ability to engage stakeholders and manage multiple stakeholders to achieve the objective.
- Curious with learning agility.
- Strategically minded, operationally excellent.
- Organized with systematic approach to prioritization.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong ability to motivate and develop team.
Gilead Core Values
- Integrity (Doing What's Right)
- Inclusion (Encouraging Diversity)
- Teamwork (Working Together)
- Excellence (Being Your Best)
- Accountability (Taking Personal Responsibility)
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/VP--Global-Patient-Solutions_R0016030-1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency