The University of Missouri Kansas City
School of Science and Engineering
Two Positions in Biomedical Engineering
Jobs Description: The Division of Biological and Biomedical Systems (BBS) in the School of Science and Engineering (SSE) at the University of Missouri Kansas City (UMKC) invites applications for two full-time tenure track faculty positions in Biomedical Engineering at the rank of Assistant, Associate or Full Professor. We encourage applications from individuals who employ engineering, scientific, and technological approaches to address questions and provide solutions in the life sciences. Preferences will be given to biomedical engineering candidates working on biomaterials, bioimaging, neurobiology, or bioinformatics but other areas will be considered.
Qualifications: Applicants must possess a Ph.D., M.D., D.D.S., or D.V.M. At least two years of postdoctoral experience is recommended. The successful candidates will be expected to:
- demonstrate excellence in research, including initiating or continuing an independent extramurally funded research program or serving as a principal investigator in larger collaborative teams,
- have a strong commitment to teaching in the classroom
- mentor students in the laboratory and provide support toward published research and presentations (undergraduate and graduate students),
- engage in divisional, school, or university services appropriate to the position; and
- advance the goals and strategic plan of SSE and UMKC.
Position: These positions are 9-month, ranked, tenure-track or tenure-eligible full-time faculty positions with full benefits. Salary is negotiable and commensurate with rank, success in externally funded research, credentials and experience.
Application review begins upon receipt. The position remains open until a qualified candidate is hired. We are open to cluster hires.
How to Apply:
For consideration, you must complete the name and contact information of the online application at www.umkc.edu/jobs, click in Academic Positions Job Opening ID 49105.
Please provide and upload the following application materials:
- cover letter which provides applicable experience and credentials which qualify you for a tenure-eligible faculty position,
- curriculum vitae,
- description of research interests and goals, and success or potential for externally funis and shall be provided for all employees and applicants for employment on the basis of their demonstrated ability and competence without unlawful discrimination on the basis of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable state or federal law. This policy shall not be interpreted in such a manner as to violate the legal rights of religious organizations, or the recruiting rights of military organizations associated with the Armed Forces or the Department of Homeland Security of the United States of America. For more information, call Human Resources at 816-235-1621. To request ADA accommodations, please call the Office of Equity & Title IX at 816-235-6910. To read more about Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) please use the following links: Know Your Rights English Version or Spanish Versionded research,
- statement of teaching interests/philosophy, and
- the names and current contact information for three people who can provide letters of professional recommendation.
Please direct all inquiries and correspondence to Mary Flores (FloresM@umkc.edu), Division of BBS in the SSE at UMKC
- If you are experiencing technical problems during application, please email email@example.com .
- Reasonable accommodations may be requested during the application and recruitment process. If you need an accommodation, please contact the Office of Affirmative Action at (816) 235-1323.
We will contact references and request educational transcripts for applicants who progress to the finalist stage.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We value the uniqueness of every individual and strive to ensure each person's success. Contributions from individuals with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives promote intellectual pluralism and enable us to achieve the excellence that we seek in learning, research, and engagement. This commitment makes our university a better place to work, learn and innovate.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency