Trade Licensing Manager
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
The Trade Licensing Manager will support the administration of state licenses that are required to support the distribution of commercial product in the US. This will include the management of the renewal timelines and any changes or updates to state legislation or requirements as it relates to manufacturers, wholesaler/distributors and Third-Party Logistic (3PL) activities.
Essential Duties and Job Functions
- Interacts with internal stakeholders (QA, Regulatory and C-suite) on the execution of new applications and renewals for required state licenses across multiple business units
- Serves as an internal point-of-contact with cross-functional stakeholders, including Trade Operations, Supply Chain and Quality in responding to various questions and inquiries regarding state licensing applications
- Review current and updates to state legislation to ensure compliance and appropriate interpretation to support state license requirements
- Partners with Legal and assists in coordination with internal stakeholders as it relates to all state license requirements, including personal attestations
- Works closely with Auditing, Regulatory and Legal to maintain full compliance according to policies and procedures
- Attends outside meetings or conferences, as appropriate to learn about industry best practices and evolving state policies
- Leverages appropriate Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) to ensure all state licensing information is appropriately archived and redacted as required. Includes updating SOPs as required to drive efficiency within Gilead's compliance requirements.
- Assist and make recommendations for a variety of routine and moderately complex operational issues that may arise
- Communication - Listens well and expresses ideas fluently and logically. Able to communicate to all levels within an organization.
- Managing change - Accepts change as a positive, is flexible and adapts accordingly.
- Teamwork and collaboration - Create an atmosphere of openness and trust. Collaborates, offers support and encourages feedback.
- Achieving results - Is goal driven and persistent. Is accountable for meeting commitments and recognizes the contribution of others.
Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor's degree required, preferable in Business Administration or related discipline
- 4+ years of licensing, contract administration or related operations experience
- Relevant work experience in healthcare or pharmaceutical industry as it relates to product distribution preferred.
- Working knowledge of MS programs, including Excel, Word and Outlook. SharePoint or OneDrive experience a plus.
- Strong verbal, written, interpersonal and telephone communication skills are required. Possess a strong customer service orientation while maintaining a high level of integrity and confidentially with each interaction.
- Must have organizational skills and ability to perform in a high paced, deadline intensive environment. Must have good attention to detail and ability to consistently meet high standards of quality. Ability to work using well-defined procedures and independently take ownership for work product.
- Project management and experience managing vendors preferred
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans\\' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications and advice from internal and external experts, Gilead has made the decision to require all U.S. employees and contractors to receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. Full vaccination is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.\u200b
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Trade-Licensing-Manager_R0022252-1
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency