Therapeutic Specialist (HCV)
Canada - British Columbia
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
At Gilead, Creating Possible drives everything we do. It's evident in our mission and core values. This is how we built a culture of excellence that is fueled by a passion for improving the lives of people around the world and advancing the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases.
At Gilead, we are driven to develop lifesaving products that make a difference for patients around the world. Every day, we to transform the promise of science and technology into breakthrough, innovative therapies that have the power to cure, prevent or treat disease. As a research-based bio pharmaceutical company, we are revolutionizing healthcare by bringing medicines to patients in the areas of unmet need including HIV, AIDS, liver diseases, hematology and oncology, and inflammation and respiratory diseases. When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives.
The Therapeutic Specialist will be responsible for establishing a territory of high prescribing HCV treaters in British Columbia.
- Responsible for achieving coverage and frequency targets, and consistently achieving sales targets in assigned territory.
- Represents Gilead's products and services to a defined customer base within a specific geographic area.
- Utilizes a level of product and therapeutic disease working knowledge to promote the appropriate use of Gilead products to healthcare professionals.
- Prepares business plan for own territory, assigns targets and communicates required actions to achieve goals.
- Contributes to regional training, developing the key skills of other team members.
- With guidance, initiates systems to monitor sales progress and action plans. Regularly measures success, documents and provides feedback on performance.
- May work in collaboration with outside partner companies to co-promote products or services.
- Manages territory budgets for customer contacts, speaker events and other miscellaneous external expenditures.
- May represent company at professional events and promote company products at such events.
- Works cooperatively with Medical Science Liaisons, National Account Managers, Marketing and other internal Gilead team members on various cross-functional projects.
- Assists in the identification and resolution of issues and opportunities and communicates proactively to marketing and sales management.
- Completes necessary administrative tasks in a timely manner e.g. updating customer database, expenses.
- Communicates and functions across the commercial team, ensuring efficient collaboration on projects.
- Responsible for the collecting and reporting of complaints/Adverse Drug Reactions (ADRs) to Pharmacovigilance and Epidemiology (PVE) or the local Pharmacovigilance Responsible Person (PRP)
Knowledge, Experience and Skills :
- Pharmaceutical industry selling experience is essential and relevant therapeutic knowledge is required.
- Requires a BA or BS degree and minimum of 6 - 8 years of relevant selling experience within the pharmaceutical or healthcare industry with at least 4 years in specialty sales or the appropriate therapeutic area.
- Minimum of 2 years as a Therapeutic Specialist is preferred.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work with a high level of autonomy and independence.
- Knowledge of industry trends and competitor's resources and practices is required.
- Must be able to proactively identify issues, opportunities, and resolutions and is able to present and effectively communicate issues and recommendations to marketing and sales management
Gilead Core Values:
- Integrity (doing what\\'s right)
- Teamwork (working together)
- Excellence (being your best)
- Accountability (taking personal responsibility)
- Inclusion (encouraging diversity)
Gilead Leadership Commitment:
- I AM BOLD in aspiration and AGILE in execution.
- I CARE and make time for people.
- I LISTEN, speak openly and explain the "why."
- I TRUST others and myself to make sound decisions.
- I OWN the impact of my words and actions.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/Canada---British-Columbia/Therapeutic-Specialist--HCV-_R0022299-1
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency