- Temporary Nurse Practitioner (Fall 2023)
- Go to our website »
Temporary Nurse Practitioner (Fall 2023)
Student Health Services - JM
Worcester Polytechnic Institute - WPI
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
WPI is seeking a temporary nurse practitioner for a five month assignment starting in the fall of 2023. The nurse practitioner provides confidential, evidence based, high quality, timely direct medical care.
This position supports our students in achieving optimal personal, and academic success that is respectful to all individuals.
- Review all pertinent medical information in the patient's electronic medical record.
- Obtain a thorough medical history, perform physical exams, order, obtain, and review pertinent lab data.
- Provide treatment and prescriptions according to evidence-based medicine and in accordance with the practice guidelines.
- Communicate clearly and respectfully with patients and their families while providing culturally
- competent care.
- Refer to appropriate medical and mental health consultants and specialists as needed.
- Consult with the director, nurse practitioner colleagues, and physician consultants and specialists as needed.
- Collaborate with key offices on campus.
- Triage patients with acute urgent medical needs promptly and refer as needed for appropriate emergency or follow up care.
- Master's degree, NP certification, DEA/MCSR prescriptive authority.
- CPR certification.
United States of America (Non-Exempt)
WPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer that actively seeks to increase the diversity of its workplace. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability. It seeks individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences who will contribute to a culture of creativity, collaboration, inclusion, problem solving, innovation, high performance, and change making. It is committed to maintaining a campus environment free of harassment and discrimination.
To apply, visit: https://wpi.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WPI_External_Career_Site/job/Worcester/Temporary-Nurse-Practitioner_R0002409
WPI is a vibrant, active, and diverse community of extraordinary students, world-renowned faculty, and state of the art research facilities. At WPI, we have competitive and comprehensive benefits, including health insurance, long-term care, retirement, tuition assistance, flexible spending accounts, work-life balance and much more.
Diversity & Inclusion at WPI
WPI is committed to creating an inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued and respected; a place where every student, faculty and staff member can be themselves, so that they can study, live, and work comfortably, to reach their full potential, and make meaningful contributions in order to meet departmental and institutional goals. WPI thrives on innovative practice and welcomes diverse perspectives, insight, and people from diverse lived experiences, to enhance the community environment and propel the institution to the next level in a competitive, global marketplace.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency