This ad is expired.
- Temporary Administrative Assistant
- Go to our website »
Temporary Administrative Assistant
Social Science & Policy Studies-JM
Worcester Polytechnic Institute - WPI
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Provide administrative support to the Social Science & Policy Studies Office department head, faculty and staff.
WPI is passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We are looking for candidates who can support our commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion.
This is a temporary three month assignment - 16 hours per week
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists Executive Assistant by providing administrative support to Social Science & Policy Studies Department.
- Use Workday to assist with essential functions of the department, such as hiring work study students, processing payroll for students, submitting invoices from suppliers and contractors for payment.
- Assist with main office functions, such as ordering and restocking office supplies as needed/requested; assisting with mail and packages; submitting work orders for maintenance and keys as needed; planning, scheduling, and coordinating catering for departmental functions; replying to email, telephone, or in-person inquiries re: information about SSPS-related academic offerings and programming.
- Support faculty with various needs, such as scheduling committee meetings; photocopying, printing, and/or scanning documents; proofreading documents prior to printing; creating targeted email lists and databases as requested by faculty; creating flyers for events.
- Work with Marketing and Communications Department to maintain and update department website. Post department-related events and announcements when necessary.
- Assist with faculty candidate visits. Help organize candidate interview itinerary. Book travel arrangements, hotel, and limo service.
- Record, publish, and maintain minutes of all monthly Faculty Department meetings;
- Provide general support to SSPS department visitors
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Executive Assistant
- Associate's Degree required
- 1-2 years of experience in office setting
- Excellent time management skills; ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Solid attention to detail and problem-solving abilities
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Zoom; knowledge of Workday and Drupal helpful, but not required
- Ability to collaborate with staff across multiple departments and divisions within WPI
- Openness to learning new skills and programs
United States of America (Non-Exempt)
WPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer that actively seeks to increase the diversity of its workplace. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability. It seeks individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences who will contribute to a culture of creativity, collaboration, inclusion, problem solving, innovation, high performance, and change making. It is committed to maintaining a campus environment free of harassment and discrimination.
To apply, visit: https://wpi.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WPI_External_Career_Site/job/Worcester/Temporary-Administrative-Assistant_R0002368
WPI is a vibrant, active, and diverse community of extraordinary students, world-renowned faculty, and state of the art research facilities. At WPI, we have competitive and comprehensive benefits, including health insurance, long-term care, retirement, tuition assistance, flexible spending accounts, work-life balance and much more.
Diversity & Inclusion at WPI
WPI is committed to creating an inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued and respected; a place where every student, faculty and staff member can be themselves, so that they can study, live, and work comfortably, to reach their full potential, and make meaningful contributions in order to meet departmental and institutional goals. WPI thrives on innovative practice and welcomes diverse perspectives, insight, and people from diverse lived experiences, to enhance the community environment and propel the institution to the next level in a competitive, global marketplace.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency