Teacher Prep Program Manager
Worcester Polytechnic Institute - WPI
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
The Teacher Preparation Program (TPP) at WPI is currently seeking a qualified individual to fill a consultant role as the Operations Coordinator for our undergraduate licensure program. This position is part-time, and is compensated with an hourly wage. Hours will vary depending on program needs (<10 hours weekly). Some occasional evening or weekend hours may be required. This is an in-person, on-campus position.
WPI is passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We are looking for candidates who can support our commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion.
- Maintain and progress-monitor student portfolios on Google Drive
- Maintain regular communication with program participants to ensure requirements are being fulfilled, documented and stored in their online portfolio.
- Develop content and coordinate announcements for monthly TPP newsletter
- Assist in coaching, evaluation and delivery of feedback to teacher candidates on their performance during Pre-practicum experiences
- Coach utilizing best teaching practices and with a commitment to culturally and linguistically sustaining practices in the classroom
- Participate in program events (as needed) including some evening or occasional weekend hours
- Assist in interviewing and selection of new Teacher Prep students (i.e., evaluation of readiness and acceptance of new program applicants) during recruiting
- Coach students to achieve proficient ratings on the Candidate Assessment of Performance (CAP) 7 Essential Elements rubric
- Update both the program handbook and online binder of resources as needed to support supervising practitioners and program supervisors in the field (yearly)
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Teacher Preparation
- Masters degree in Education or a STEM adjacent field
- Experience in teaching science, math, and/or engineering at the secondary school level as a licensed educator
- Deep knowledge and experience with best practices in teaching STEM at the secondary level
- Facility with the navigation and use of the CAP online evaluation system for teacher candidate licensure (7 Essential Elements, Professional Standards for Teaching)
- Strong coaching skills with supportive, developmental approach
- Ability to provide support to TPP students in resolving issues related to teaching practicum
- Demonstrated knowledge and sensitivity to the needs and concerns of historically marginalized populations constituents, especially in educational contexts
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral) to work with undergraduate students, supervising practitioners, program supervisors and program faculty
- Ability to work autonomously, handle multiple tasks simultaneously, and communicate well with team members
- Organized and detail oriented
- Experience and skill in navigating online platforms (Google Suite, Microsoft applications)
- Ability create workflow diagrams/instructions
- Ability to take initiative and follow through on projects
- Current or formerly licensed as an educator in a STEM field in Massachusetts
- Prior experience working with diverse student populations
- Prior experience working in urban public schools
- Experience working with MA public school systems and familiarity with the systems, structures and resources of the Department. of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE)
- Demonstrated experience with diversity, equity, inclusion, belonging, and justice within the context of educational institutions
United States of America (Non-Exempt)
WPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer that actively seeks to increase the diversity of its workplace. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability. It seeks individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences who will contribute to a culture of creativity, collaboration, inclusion, problem solving, innovation, high performance, and change making. It is committed to maintaining a campus environment free of harassment and discrimination.
To apply, visit: https://wpi.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WPI_External_Career_Site/job/Worcester/Teacher-Prep-Program-Manager_R0002606
WPI is a vibrant, active, and diverse community of extraordinary students, world-renowned faculty, and state of the art research facilities. At WPI, we have competitive and comprehensive benefits, including health insurance, long-term care, retirement, tuition assistance, flexible spending accounts, work-life balance and much more.
Diversity & Inclusion at WPI
WPI is committed to creating an inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued and respected; a place where every student, faculty and staff member can be themselves, so that they can study, live, and work comfortably, to reach their full potential, and make meaningful contributions in order to meet departmental and institutional goals. WPI thrives on innovative practice and welcomes diverse perspectives, insight, and people from diverse lived experiences, to enhance the community environment and propel the institution to the next level in a competitive, global marketplace.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency