This ad is expired.
Talent Operations & Benefits Specialist
Worcester Polytechnic Institute - WPI
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Reporting to the Director of Benefits & Wellness, the Talent Operations & Benefits Specialist will facilitate daily HR functions such as customer service including in-person, email and phone responses, compliance and onboarding, benefits support and special projects as well as administrative tasks. This position plays an essential role in providing a welcoming environment to employees, students and external guests who visit the Talent & Inclusion (T&I) Office.
WPI is committed to creating and sustaining an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. Applicants must have demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace and/or commitment to do so as an employee at WPI.
- CUSTOMER SERVICE: Greet visitors, answer phones, and monitor and respond to internal and external customers via ticketing system (Dovetail) and email on T&I matters including general questions, employment verifications, etc. Questions and requests will come in variety of manners including T&I ticketing system (Dovetail), email, in-person, and phone calls. Provide timely and consistent responses including follow-up as appropriate to ensure appropriate resolution. Direct inquiries, as needed, to appropriate T&I team members and/or departments for follow-up.
- COMPLIANCE & ONBOARDING: Handle compliance related activities including verifications for Form I-9, E-Verify, and background checks for employees and guests based on institution needs. Assist new employees with onboarding items such as email, parking, ID creation and Workday system access.
- ADMINISTRATIVE DUTIES: Handle T&I mail, maintain office ordering and supplies, create, and maintain filing systems (both electronic and physical), schedule meetings, and book conference rooms.
- COMMUNICATIONS & OFFICE LIAISON: Act as liaison to facilities for general maintenance needs of the office; Establish and maintain effective working relationships with other campus offices and departments to ensure high quality services for all campus community members. Attend Administrative Assistant Affinity Group meetings.
- EVENTS & PROGRAMS: Provide support for divisional initiatives, events, and programs. Oversee logistical details this includes open enrollment, DEI events, employee benefits fair, employee rewards and recognition programs including managing the trustee staff award process and HERS scholarship, and various campus wide trainings.
- SPECIAL PROJECTS: Create and maintain monthly Benefits Blast newsletter content. Support ongoing maintenance and testing in Workday HRIS/HCM platform.
- TUITION: Manage tuition remission eligibility and submissions. Check employee eligibility, track submissions, partner with the Payoll and Bursar's Office on payment requests. Maintain ongoing communication with employees related to tuition benefit inquires.
- OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED
- Associates degree from an accredited institution.
- 1-3 years previous work experience in an office environment, preferably in the field of Human Resources.
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent customer service skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy is a must.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite and Outlook required. Workday experience preferred.
- Must be comfortable working in a busy office environment and be able to balance multiple priorities.
- Ability to maintain a confidential environment that includes sensitive employee information.
- Post training/onboarding this position has the ability to work hybrid one day a week.
- Sitting or standing via a sit/stand work station.
- This position often requires the need to move about the university campus (outdoors).
Salary: $50,000 - $55,000. WPI's benefits package includes a robust retirement match, wellness perks, tuition assistance and more!
This is an on-site role with the opportunity for a hybrid one day per week schedule following an introductory period.
United States of America (Exempt)
WPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer that actively seeks to increase the diversity of its workplace. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability. It seeks individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences who will contribute to a culture of creativity, collaboration, inclusion, problem solving, innovation, high performance, and change making. It is committed to maintaining a campus environment free of harassment and discrimination.
To apply, visit: https://wpi.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WPI_External_Career_Site/job/Worcester/Talent-Operations-Specialist_R0002629
WPI is a vibrant, active, and diverse community of extraordinary students, world-renowned faculty, and state of the art research facilities. At WPI, we have competitive and comprehensive benefits, including health insurance, long-term care, retirement, tuition assistance, flexible spending accounts, work-life balance and much more.
Diversity & Inclusion at WPI
WPI is committed to creating an inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued and respected; a place where every student, faculty and staff member can be themselves, so that they can study, live, and work comfortably, to reach their full potential, and make meaningful contributions in order to meet departmental and institutional goals. WPI thrives on innovative practice and welcomes diverse perspectives, insight, and people from diverse lived experiences, to enhance the community environment and propel the institution to the next level in a competitive, global marketplace.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency