Student Payment Specialist
Worcester Polytechnic Institute - WPI
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Responsible for activities related to student billing and collections in the Bursar & Cashier's Office to include data entry, reviewing, and analyzing student account information, reconciliations, and other duties.
WPI is passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We are looking for candidates who can support our commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion.
- Post cash receipts and other transactions to student accounts
- Provide excellent customer service to students, parents and WPI faculty and staff via email, in person or telephone
- Process incoming mail including posting all university payments
- Reconcile daily cash receipts by verifying cash, checks, credit card payments
- Prepare and process daily bank deposits in Workday and banking systems
- Maintain voided and stop-payment checks in Workday and banking systems Monitor and respond to Bursar email inbox
- Data entry to student's account for voluntary meal plan purchases
- First contact Incoming phone responsibility
- Reconcile and prepare daily entry for all online credit card receipts; assist community with credit card refunds for online transactions
- Assist Bursar's Office & Cashiering staff with various projects
- Back up for Sr. Treasury Analyst for various banking tasks such as wires, cash and reporting.
- Other duties/projects as assigned
WPI requires employees to be fully-vaccinated (including a booster shot) for COVID-19. For additional information on WPI's response to COVID-19, refer to https://www.wpi.edu/we-are-wpi
United States of America (Non-Exempt)
WPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability. We are seeking individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences who will contribute to a culture of creativity and collaboration, inclusion, problem solving and change making.
To apply, visit: https://wpi.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WPI_External_Career_Site/job/Worcester/Student-Payment-Specialist_R0002047
WPI is a vibrant, active, and diverse community of extraordinary students, world-renowned faculty, and state of the art research facilities. At WPI, we have competitive and comprehensive benefits, including health insurance, long-term care, retirement, tuition assistance, flexible spending accounts, work-life balance and much more.
Diversity & Inclusion at WPI
WPI is committed to creating an inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued and respected; a place where every student, faculty and staff member can be themselves, so that they can study, live, and work comfortably, to reach their full potential, and make meaningful contributions in order to meet departmental and institutional goals. WPI thrives on innovative practice and welcomes diverse perspectives, insight, and people from diverse lived experiences, to enhance the community environment and propel the institution to the next level in a competitive, global marketplace.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-99d941cb26dfd44dacdb851a084952d6