Student Accounts Representative
Worcester Polytechnic Institute - WPI
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Responsible for customer service and activities related to student billing and collections in the Bursar's Office to include data entry, reviewing, and analyzing student account information, reconciliations, and other duties. Posting to Workday Student Finance System daily for cash receipts and journal entries.
WPI is passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We are looking for candidates who can support our commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion.
- Post cash receipts and journal entries to Banner & Workday Finance System
- Post cash receipts and other transactions to student accounts
- Process student refunds and coordinate disbursement of checks
- Manage Opt In and Waivers for Student Health Insurance
- Process and post outside scholarship awards
- Provide excellent customer service to students, parents and WPI faculty and staff via email, in person or telephone
- Receive campus wide cash receipts for non-student transactions.
- Reconcile various general ledger accounts
- Monitor the Bursar email inboxes and process any requests
- Other duties/projects as assigned
- High School diploma and additional related coursework and/or previous work related experience
- Proficient in MS Office Excel & Word
- Excellent customer service skills
- Experience with an integrated database systems preferred (knowledge of Workday system helpful)
- Ability to work overtime during peak billing periods when needed
WPI requires that all employees to be fully-vaccinated for COVID-19 and boosted. For additional information, please go to https://www.wpi.edu/we-are-wpi/health-and-safety/vaccine-information
United States of America (Non-Exempt)
WPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer that actively seeks to increase the diversity of its workplace. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability. It seeks individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences who will contribute to a culture of creativity, collaboration, inclusion, problem solving, innovation, high performance, and change making. It is committed to maintaining a campus environment free of harassment and discrimination.
To apply, visit: https://wpi.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WPI_External_Career_Site/job/Worcester/Student-Accounts-Representative_R0002287
WPI is a vibrant, active, and diverse community of extraordinary students, world-renowned faculty, and state of the art research facilities. At WPI, we have competitive and comprehensive benefits, including health insurance, long-term care, retirement, tuition assistance, flexible spending accounts, work-life balance and much more.
Diversity & Inclusion at WPI
WPI is committed to creating an inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued and respected; a place where every student, faculty and staff member can be themselves, so that they can study, live, and work comfortably, to reach their full potential, and make meaningful contributions in order to meet departmental and institutional goals. WPI thrives on innovative practice and welcomes diverse perspectives, insight, and people from diverse lived experiences, to enhance the community environment and propel the institution to the next level in a competitive, global marketplace.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency