This ad is expired.
Sr Research Scientist I, Vaccine Immunology
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
We are seeking a highly motivated and creative scientist with expertise in vaccine immunology to take a leading role in our efforts to develop therapeutic vaccines for chronic viral diseases including herpes and hepatitis B virus infections. The selected candidate will establish and lead a novel therapeutic herpesvirus vaccine program, make key contributions to bringing our established HBV vaccine programs into clinical trials, and support expansion of our research into immune-based antiviral therapeutics. The position will require the ability to generate novel vaccine hypotheses using existing data in the field, devise project strategies, lead cross-functional project teams, and lead projects from inception into clinical development.
Essential Duties and Job Functions:
- Leading cross-functional vaccine development project teams
- Generating novel vaccine hypotheses
- Designing and executing strategies to prioritize antigens and vaccine technologies
- Driving preclinical evaluation of novel vaccines and therapeutics.
- Identifying and supporting relevant external collaborations and evaluations of business development opportunities in areas applicable to herpes and hepatitis viruses
- Building internal expertise in immune control of chronic viral infections
- Introducing new immunology and cell biology tools and assays
- Presenting regular research updates to R&D management
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- PhD or equivalent degree in immunology or virology and a minimum of 5 years of post-doctoral experience with proven successful research in industrial or academic settings
- In-depth knowledge of vaccinology and novel vaccine technologies
- Ability to think independently and fully integrate into a high achieving team environment
- Strong motivation, independence, and ability to work in a high-pace multidisciplinary environment with minimal supervision
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent technical skills applicable to state-of-art research in virology and vaccine development
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Sr-Research-Scientist-I--Vaccine-Immunology_R0014052-1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency