Sr Research Scientist II, Clinical Virology, Biology
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
The Sr. Research Scientist will be responsible for characterization of HBV or HDV drug resistance, new biomarkers for HBV or HDV Cure programs, PK/PD relationships and additional investigation of the mechanism of action of HBV inhibitors and bi-specific antibodies in development/discovery. In addition, he/she may be responsible for the establishment of HBV, HDV, HSV infrastructure, translational research, characterization resistance and mechanism of action for HBV, HDV and HSV inhibitors. He/she will also serve as a Virology representative on specific clinical trials and/or HBV, HDV, or HSV drug development teams, and will write Virology reports and other documents for regulatory submissions. In addition, he /she will communicate nonclinical and clinical virology information about Gilead's products for the treatment of chronic viral hepatitis at internal and external meetings/conferences/manuscripts.
- You will join a multi-disciplinary research team focused on supporting the preclinical and clinical development of new therapeutics for the treatment, prevention, and cure of hepatitis viruses, herpes viruses and other important human viral infections with high unmet medical need.
- You will have responsibilities for characterizing drug resistance patterns, frequencies and mechanisms preclinically as well as clinically in diverse patient populations and investigating the mechanism of action of variety of antiviral inhibitors by developing/utilizing state-of-the-art laboratory assays and technology platforms, including deep sequencing and molecular virology techniques as well as bioinformatics.
- Other responsibilities include support for critical regulatory submissions, management of research associates, leading virology analyses for clinical trials, and serving as a Virology representative at drug development project teams.
- Frequent publications and presentations of the key research data in a variety of settings is also expected.
Knowledge, Skills, Experiences:
- Ph.D. in biomedical sciences with relevant 5+ years of industry or academic experience.
- Extensive knowledge and hands-on research expertise in virology / molecular biology/immunology, siRNA and bi-specific antibodies familiarity with in vitro and in vivo models of relevant viral infections are desired.
- Excellent scientific track record, verbal and written communication skills, and strong project management /organizational skills are essential.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Sr-Research-Scientist-II--Clinical-Virology--Biology_R0020988
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency