This ad is expired.
Sr. Research Associate I, QC, Biologics Analytical Operations, Oceanside, CA
United States - California - Oceanside
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Sr. Research Associate I, Quality ControlOceanside, CA
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company founded in 1987. Together we deliver life-saving therapies to patients in need. With the commitment and drive you bring to the workplace every day, you will be part of a team that is changing the world and helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives.
Our worldwide staff is a close community where you can see the tangible results of your contributions, where every individual matters, and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through ongoing development. Our scientific focus has resulted in marketed products that are benefiting hundreds of thousands of people, a pipeline of late-stage drug candidates, and unmatched patient access programs to ensure medications are available to those who could otherwise not afford them.
By joining Gilead, you will further our mission to address unmet medical needs and improve life by advancing the care of patients with life-threatening diseases.
- Responsible for coordinating various GMP laboratory operation activities.
- Responsible for executing laboratory work such as, but not limited to; pH, Osmometer, appearance, A280.
- Responsible for reviewing GMP In-process and Release data.
- Assist in the generation of Analytical Reports for GMP lot dispositioning.
- Experience generating and writing investigations related to Quality Control testing and laboratory operations.
- Experience working with various Quality Control analytical instruments.
- Assist in coordinating sample management activities such as shipment and receiving.
- Experience writing, reviewing, or executing standard operating procedures.
- Knowledge of current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs), GxP, pharmacopoeia, and regulatory requirements for testing pertaining to the pharmaceutical industry.
- Possesses strong project and time management skills.
- Excellent communication and strong interpersonal skills are required.
- Responsible for contributing to the completion of milestones associated with specific projects related to the Quality Control department.
- Individual must be able to plan and execute assigned experiments that support Quality Control and project goals.
- Writes and executes protocols and reports.
- Applies knowledge of current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs) and Good Laboratory Practices (GLPs) on a daily basis.
- Participates in group meetings. May present data or prepare information for others to present.
- Troubleshoots analytical instrumentation and test methods, as required.
- Working knowledge and proficiency with Microsoft Office software.
- Leads/coordinates Quality Control and cross-functional projects with limited direction.
- Independently plans and executes assigned experiments that support routine development activities and project goals, as needed.
- Writes and revises methods, specifications, and SOP's as needed.
Knowledge, experience, and skills:
- 2+ years of experience with BS degree in a relevant scientific discipline.
- 0-2+ years of experience with MS degree in a relevant scientific discipline
- Experience with Microsoft Office software and LIMS
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Oceanside/Research-Associate--QC--Biologics-Analytical-Operations--Oceanside--CA_R0014751-1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency