Sr. Manager, Accounting Record to Report
United States - North Carolina - Raleigh
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company that has pursued and achieved breakthroughs in medicine for more than three decades, with the goal of creating a healthier world for all people. The company is committed to pursuing scientific invention to prevent and treat life-threatening diseases, including HIV, viral hepatitis and cancer. Gilead has operations in more than 35 countries worldwide, with headquarters in Foster City, California.
You will be part of a team that is helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. We are a close community where every individual matters and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through ongoing development. Inclusion is one of our core values, which means we are creating and fostering a work environment where our differences are valued, and everyone feels respected and empowered to bring their authentic selves to work. By joining Gilead, you will further our mission to discover, develop and deliver innovative therapeutics for people with life-threatening diseases.
In Gilead, you will be part of Gilead's Business Services center team in Raleigh's North Hills area will be home to some of the company's critical shared service teams in North America, including Information Technology, Global Financial Solutions, HR Operations and Procurement Services Desk. These functions provide the necessary support to ensure Gilead's business runs effectively and efficiently. The center will also be a catalyst for standardization of processes, digital transformation and technology optimization.
Gilead Business Services Sr. Manager, Record-to-Report, will be responsible for one or more of the following areas in the area of general ledger accounting, month-end close, and compliance. The Sr. Manager will be a key member on projects and introduce best practices and leverage technology to enhance the efficiency and accuracy of the finance and accounting processes. This Sr. Manager will have the ability to effectively prioritize work, demonstrate accountability, and partner with a team of shared services professionals globally.
Essential Duties and Job Functions:
- Manage, coach and develop the shared services team.
- Own accounting for areas such as intercompany, cash, fixed assets, accruals, prepaids, leasing, and project accounting.
- Maintain process integrity, internal and SOX controls, and ensure compliance with the Controller's Manual and all applicable laws and regulations.
- Maintain relationships with stakeholders and the global shared services teams
- Work with the accounting staff, IT, and other functional groups to identify, recommend and implement streamlined and automated processes and system improvements
- Support global implementation of SAP ERP S4 Hana system, ensuring that all processes are implemented with best practices in mind. Drive toward standard global processes to improve consistency, scalability, and eliminate manual processes where possible
- Assists with the timely and accurate review and posting of month end close and accounting transactions; P&L and balance sheet account analysis, review, reconciliation & resolution; and financial analysis as required.
- Develop, maintain and regularly assess internal controls for the record-to-report and order-to-cash processes and related software systems. Ensure internal controls and SOX narratives and controls are correct and comprehensive.
- Ensure that financial records are maintained in compliance with company policies and US GAAP.
- 8+ years of relevant experience and BA or BS degree in accounting or equivalent
- Demonstrated understanding of RTR best practices and emerging technologies
- Extensive knowledge with SAP or best practice ERP system
- Knowledge of US GAAP and SOX Controls
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft tools (Excel, Outlook, Word, Visio, PowerPoint).
- Experience in a large pharmaceutical or healthcare company
- Experience working in a global finance organization
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans\\' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications and advice from internal and external experts, Gilead has made the decision to require all U.S. employees and contractors to receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. Full vaccination is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.\u200b
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---North-Carolina---Raleigh/Sr-Manager--Accounting-Record-to-Report_R0022296
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency