Sr Instructor Lab Technician
Mechanical and Materials Engineering
Worcester Polytechnic Institute - WPI
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Provide assistance, training and development skills necessary for students, faculty and staff on the use of the CNC Machine Tools and other equipment located in the Manufacturing Laboratories located within the Department of Mechanical Engineering.
WPI is passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We are looking for candidates who can support our commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion.
- Develop materials and train WPI undergraduate and graduate students as well as faculty and staff on the safe use of automated manufacturing equipment.
- Assist faculty and students on manufacturability assessments and design reviews. Develop and implement strategies to resolve design problems as needed.
- Design, manufacture and maintain specialized lab equipment which includes electro-mechanical systems, robotic systems and robotic machine tool interfaces.
- B.S. degree required M.S. degree helpful in the area of mechanical or manufacturing engineering in a dynamic manufacturing facility or academic laboratory setting.
- A minimum of 3 years' experience in mechanical engineering, manufacturing, or related fields
- Requires extensive knowledge and skill in the use of CAD and CAM software including Esprit AutoCAD, and Solidworks.
- Requires knowledge of the tools, equipment, methods and practices of machining and welding
- Ability to understand and create solid models of complex parts and assemblies as well being skilled in GD&T and the reading and creating of engineering drawings.
- Ability to communicate and translate technical ideas or abstract visions with students, faculty and staff.
- Assist the instructor of ME 1800 and ME 3820 courses in the laboratory portion of the course using provided student support.
United States of America (Exempt)
WPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer that actively seeks to increase the diversity of its workplace. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability. It seeks individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences who will contribute to a culture of creativity, collaboration, inclusion, problem solving, innovation, high performance, and change making. It is committed to maintaining a campus environment free of harassment and discrimination.
To apply, visit: https://wpi.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WPI_External_Career_Site/job/Worcester/Sr-Instructor-Lab-Technician_R0002431
WPI is a vibrant, active, and diverse community of extraordinary students, world-renowned faculty, and state of the art research facilities. At WPI, we have competitive and comprehensive benefits, including health insurance, long-term care, retirement, tuition assistance, flexible spending accounts, work-life balance and much more.
Diversity & Inclusion at WPI
WPI is committed to creating an inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued and respected; a place where every student, faculty and staff member can be themselves, so that they can study, live, and work comfortably, to reach their full potential, and make meaningful contributions in order to meet departmental and institutional goals. WPI thrives on innovative practice and welcomes diverse perspectives, insight, and people from diverse lived experiences, to enhance the community environment and propel the institution to the next level in a competitive, global marketplace.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency