Sr Container Closure Engineer II/Senior Manager, MS&T
United States - New Jersey - Morris Plains
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Sr Container Closure Engineer II/Senior Manager, MS&T
Morris Plains, New Jersey
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company founded in 1987. Together we deliver life-saving therapies to patients in need. With the commitment and drive you bring to the workplace every day, you will be part of a team that is changing the world and helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. Our worldwide staff is a close community where you can see the tangible results of your contributions, where every individual matters, and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through ongoing development. Our scientific focus has resulted in marketed products that are benefiting hundreds of thousands of people, a pipeline of late-stage drug candidates, and unmatched patient access programs to ensure medications are available to those who could otherwise not afford them. By joining Gilead, you will further our mission to address unmet medical needs and improve life by advancing the care of patients with life-threatening diseases.
This position is responsible for providing technical expertise and leadership in the selection, qualification and implementation of components and container closure systems for drug substance and drug product to support clinical and commercial projects. The Container Closure Engineer (CCE) represents the MS&T and leads the execution and documentation of primary packaging deliverables within a cross-functional CMC team environment. The Sr. Engineer will engage and work with both internal (product/process development teams) and external partners (CMOs) in characterization and documentation reviews to ensure all of the components and container closure systems drawings and specifications, assembly drawings, tolerance stack analyses, risk analyses, etc. meet company's incoming specifications/standards before introducing into clinical or commercial manufacturing facilities. The incumbent is expected to work closely with regulatory in preparation/coauthoring regulatory filings (CTAs, BLAs, CBE and PAS) and addressing issues associated with CMC actionable complaints relating to components and container closure systems for drug substance and drug product. The individual will also serve as a key components and container closure systems owner in leading CMOs on establishing GMP processes, driving qualification of new vendors/sites for second sourcing and providing technical leadership during quality investigations of complex deviations/non-conformances.
This position requires an individual with proven track record of achievement in managing complex manufacturing execution systems, excellent/effective communication and people skills.
- Represent Manufacturing Sciences and Technology (MS&T) on project core teams and sub-teams as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) to coordinate multi-functional activities relating to components and container closure systems for drug substance and drug product for clinical and commercial tech transfer, validation, supply/supply chain, quality/ compliance, change management and product life cycle management.
- Participate in cross functional business and scientific initiatives as the MS&T representative, and effectively collaborate and influence cross-functional partners to support MS&T objectives.
- Lead selection, qualification and implementation of components and container closure systems for drug substance and drug product (glass vials, elastomeric stoppers, cartridges, pre-filled syringes and IV bags).
- Work closely with internal and external partners (CMOs) to conduct risk assessments to evaluate components, systems, suppliers, processes and in maintaining material inventory.
- Design and execute activities in support of components and container closure systems design, selection, characterization testing, and system qualification for dosage form-specific projects in alignment with quality system procedures and business practices. Provide technical review for components and container closure systems specifications and incoming release testing protocols.
- Partner with extractables / leachables and toxicology colleagues in performing safety assessments of material of construction of components and container closure systems.
- Participate as needed in the review and approve of the technical documentation including protocols, master batch records, and reports related to engineering run, GMP run and PPQ runs.
- Partnering with product development, manufacturing, quality and regulatory, lead quality investigations and data analysis as CCE SME to address OOS, OOT, complex deviations/non-conformances and implement change controls to ensure timely/prompt release of batches to meet regional demand forecast and ensure CAPAs are in place.
- Develop and implement control strategy, identify and implement operational improvements and identify novel technological approaches to improve product quality attributes and enhance yield.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- Degree in Chemical Engineering, Bioengineering, Pharmaceutical Sciences or related field preferred.
- PhD with 0 years of relevant work experience; or Masters degree with 6 + years of relevant work experience; or Bachelors degree with 10+ years of relevant work experience.
- Experience with parenteral pharmaceutical container closure systems and understanding of current US and global Regulations, US/EU/JP Compendia, ISO standards, quality system regulations (Part 4) for combination products, Container Closure Systems for Packaging Human Drugs and Biologics FDA guidance document, and other applicable FDA and ICH guidance is highly desirable.
- Ability to effectively collaborate in a dynamic, cross-functional matrix environment.
- Excellent and effective verbal and written communication skills.
To apply, please submit resume through our website at www.gilead.com
Gilead is an equal opportunity employer.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans\\' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications and advice from internal and external experts, Gilead has made the decision to require all U.S. employees and contractors to receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. Full vaccination is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.\u200b
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---New-Jersey---Morris-Plains/Sr-Container-Closure-Engineer-II-Senior-Manager--MS-T_R0022310
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency