This ad is expired.
Service Desk Analyst (Temporary)
Services & Support -JM
Worcester Polytechnic Institute - WPI
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
The Service Desk Analyst assists users with the operation and repair of computer systems and other technological equipment. They are responsible for performing diagnostic tests and troubleshooting to identify client issues, providing users with accurate information on IT offerings and services, educating users on procedures for resolving or preventing recurrence of a technical problems, and explain and provide IT solutions to users in non-technical and comprehensible terminology. The Service Desk Analyst works closely with other Service Desk staff, Service Desk student staff and IT technical support staff to ensure the successful and timely resolution of incoming incidents, questions, service requests and IT projects as needed.
WPI is passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We are looking for candidates who can support our commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion.
- Provide front-line in-person, phone and e-mail support to WPI faculty, staff and students to provide solutions to technical issues.
- Develop and implement technical procedures effective in quickly addressing user's issues to minimize downtime.
- Carry out assessments to determine the need for changes in hardware/software configurations.
- Provide operational support for the library pay-for-print center, media sales and equipment lending.
- Concisely and effectively document issues in the Service Desk application software to facilitate resolution and maintain user satisfaction.
- Provide support for first call resolution, including proper triage of incidents, troubleshooting, documentation of relevant information, and use of solutions knowledgebase. Route/escalate all issues requiring tier 3 assistance appropriately as needed.
- Assist in the maintenance and support of local computer labs and the library's public computers and printers.
- Ensure the Gordon Library printing locations are neat, orderly, and adequately supplied.
- Assist with Technology Service Desk and Print Center inventory. Tasks include: Monitoring printer and media supplies.
- Accountable reconciliation of sales made using the Point of Sales system.
- Responsible for the library laptop loaning pool to include: routine maintenance, inventory, and laptop loans.
- Provide excellent customer service to all members of the WPI community to maintain and improve user satisfaction.
- Provide Tier 1 and 2 support as needed.
- Work on IT Project teams as needed.
- Provide IT orientations for various events across campus as needed.
- Other duties as required by supervisor.
- Associates Degree in CS related field or equivalent demonstrated by experience.
- Good communication skills and the ability to deal with users of various levels of computer literacy and technical competency are essential.
- Flexibility with shift work and ability to work overtime when needed.
- Experience supporting current versions of Windows, Mac OS, and Office 365 in a networked environment as well as a working knowledge of PC hardware and configuration issues.
- Knowledge of networking and internetworking concepts as well as wireless networking configuration experience required.
- Must be detail-oriented, possess good problem-solving skills, and be able to work independently.
- Knowledge or experience with the use of Cherwell, LINUX, Remote Assistance tools, and malware detection and removal tools is desirable.
WPI requires that all employees to be fully-vaccinated for COVID-19 and boosted. For additional information, please go to https://www.wpi.edu/we-are-wpi/health-and-safety/vaccine-information
United States of America (Non-Exempt)
WPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability. We are seeking individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences who will contribute to a culture of creativity and collaboration, inclusion, problem solving and change making.
To apply, visit: https://wpi.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WPI_External_Career_Site/job/Worcester/Service-Desk-Analyst--Temporary-_R0002138-1
WPI is a vibrant, active, and diverse community of extraordinary students, world-renowned faculty, and state of the art research facilities. At WPI, we have competitive and comprehensive benefits, including health insurance, long-term care, retirement, tuition assistance, flexible spending accounts, work-life balance and much more.
Diversity & Inclusion at WPI
WPI is committed to creating an inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued and respected; a place where every student, faculty and staff member can be themselves, so that they can study, live, and work comfortably, to reach their full potential, and make meaningful contributions in order to meet departmental and institutional goals. WPI thrives on innovative practice and welcomes diverse perspectives, insight, and people from diverse lived experiences, to enhance the community environment and propel the institution to the next level in a competitive, global marketplace.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-d865dc82aff4f04099ee6b4fcaf1ba52