Senior Manager Global Compliance, Training
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
We are looking for a Senior Manager to join the global healthcare compliance training and communications team. This role will report to the global head of healthcare compliance training and communications. The role will focus on creating and designing content for compliance training modules for business functions including Commercial, Medical Affairs, Public Affairs, Government Affairs, Finance and Clinical, among others. The role will work in partnership with the global therapy area legal team, the international legal team, and other legal and healthcare compliance colleagues. The scope of the role will have a global influence and collaboration.
Role and responsibilities:
- Support in the implementation of the healthcare compliance strategic objectives
- Design and create content for healthcare compliance modules, based on training plan and curriculum, for employees and third-party vendors
- Work collaboratively with attorneys and members of the global compliance monitoring, policy, and transparency & systems pillars to ensure effective and efficient pull-through of compliance needs into a training plan and curriculum
- Explore and generate fun, innovative, and creative methods of training to enhance Gilead's compliance-minded environment
- Plan and manage instructional design projects and promote collaboration, partnerships and relationships among the participants in a design project.
- Maintain a keen understanding of training trends, developments and best practices, including e-Learning
- Support in conducting needs assessment to identify training gaps for the business, develop customized training to address the needs and soliciting cross-functional feedback before finalizing and roll or of training initiatives
- Help ensure readiness of the organization for training deployment including identifying key stakeholders and determining their needs in advance in order to deliver high quality and effective training modules
Good organization skills, time management, and the ability to juggle multiple tasks are all prerequisites of an effective project manager
Highly self-motivated and self-managed; ability to work independently and as part of a team
Ability to organize and work under strict time and production deadlines, while producing quality deliverables.
Ability to effectively communicate in visual, oral, and written presentation forms
Ability to initiate and effectively manage projects to delivery with decreasing levels of supervision over time
Comfortable working with people at all levels of the organization globally as well as with suppliers, vendors and customers
Strong interpersonal communication, facilitation, problem solving and analytical skills
Critical thinker with innovative problem-solving skills
- Bachelor's Degree or higher
- Previous healthcare compliance, legal, and/or pharmaceutical training experience a plus but not required
- 8+ years prior industry experience preferred, with an emphasis on training
- Proven work experience as a training Manager
- Track record in designing content for successful training programs
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including Word and PowerPoint, particularly as used in the development of instructional content
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Must have the ability to focus on performance by establishing clear objectives for the training content
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Senior-Manager-Global-Compliance--Training_R0017362
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency