Security Operations Center (SOC) Analyst
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead Sciences, Inc. was founded in 1987 in Foster City, California. Gilead is a research-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops, and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. We strive to transform and simplify care for people with life-threatening illnesses around the world. Gilead's portfolio of products and pipeline of investigational drugs includes treatments for HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer, inflammatory and respiratory diseases, and cardiovascular conditions. Gilead has grown to become one of the world's largest biopharmaceutical companies, with 10,000 employees across six continents, and business locations in 38 countries.
Job Title: Security Operations Center (SOC) Analyst
Gilead is seeking a Cyber Security Analyst who provides dedicated eyes on glass monitoring and analysis capability for SOC operations and Incident Response. The Cyber Security Analyst will conduct analysis of security events to include validation, investigation escalation and reporting of events in order to retain domain knowledge. Monitoring and analysis of cyber security events; fully operate from Cradle to Grave the incident response process and ensure SOC's visibility across all Gilead network and sites.
- Bring expertise of Security monitoring and Incident Response in-house in order to retain domain knowledge
- Investigate and document security breaches & other cyber security incidents and assess the damage they cause.
- Install security measures and operate software to protect systems and information infrastructure, including firewalls and data encryption programs.
- Ensure SOC visibility across all of our network and sites, and optimize monitoring tools to quickly and correctly alert of potential breaches
- Fix detected vulnerabilities to maintain a high-security standard. Perform penetration testing.
- Research security enhancements and make recommendations to management.
- Transition and integration of new security solutions from project to operations
- Gather feedback from end users to continue to improve systems.
- Stay up-to-date on information technology trends and security standards.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field.
- Experience in Cyber security is a must.
- Experience with computer network penetration testing and techniques.
- Understanding of firewalls, proxies, SIEM, antivirus, and IDPS concepts.
- Ability to identify and mitigate network vulnerabilities and explain how to avoid them.
- Strong work ethic, a sense of business urgency, and ability to work effectively with many deadlines in a complex matrix organization
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Security-Operations-Center--SOC--Analyst_R0016719
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency