This ad is expired.
Research Scientist I, HBV Cure
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
We are seeking a highly motivated and creative scientist with expertise in immunology to take a leading role in our internal research efforts to identify new therapeutics for functional cure of chronic HBV infection. The selected candidate will be responsible for leading, conducting and coordinating key biological studies and experiments focused on the discovery, profiling and preclinical evaluation of novel treatment approaches including small molecules and biologics with a potential to clinically cure HBV infection.
Essential Duties and Job Functions:
- Designing and overseeing the evaluation of new molecular targets, therapeutic concepts, and therapeutic agents for HBV Cure
- Identifying and supporting relevant external collaborations and evaluations of business development opportunities in areas applicable to HBV cure
- Building internal expertise in immune control of HBV infection
- Introducing new immunology and cell biology tools and assays relevant to HBV infection control
- Participating in multidisciplinary team efforts including leading specific parts of projects
- Presenting regular research updates to project teams and R&D management
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- PhD or equivalent degree in immunology, cell biology, virology or relevant scientific discipline and a minimum of 2 years of post-doctoral experience with proven successful research in industrial or academic settings
- In-depth knowledge of immunology is preferred and understanding of viral or tumor immunology a plus.
- Excellent technical skills applicable to state-of-art research including being well-versed in flow cytometry, primary cell culture, cell biology and functional analysis of immune cells
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong motivation, independence, and ability to work in a high-pace multidisciplinary environment with minimal supervision
- Ability to think independently and fully integrate into a high achieving team environment
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans\\' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Research-Scientist-I--HBV-Cure_R0021014-2
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency