Professor of Practice
Academic & Corporate Engagement
Worcester Polytechnic Institute - WPI
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Responsible for delivering/designing education, training, and research programs for students and industry partners at the Biomanufacturing Education and Training Center (BETC). In addition, assisting with promoting the center for continuing education and research in the Biotech community this includes.
WPI is passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We are looking for candidates who can support our commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion.
- Responsible for teaching courses that may be held at the BETC, corporate partners or online
- Responsible for teaching labs and training workshops
- Responsible for training curriculum development to enhance the portfolio of BETC and WPI offerings in the life sciences
- Work closely with faculty to promote efficient utilization of the BETC on education, training, and research
- Build connections and represent WPI/BETC at conferences and with industry
- Act as the key WPI/BETC interface to promote life sciences with key constituents (industry, government, academia, associations, etc.)
- Work closely as integral part of BETC, using sales, marketing, development, and operations functions to achieve an efficient and effective business
- Key driver in development of programs for the BETC
- Raise funds for BETC programs
- Other duties as assigned
- Ph.D. in Life Sciences or related disciplines
- Biomanufacturing/bioprocessing experience including downstream processes
- Ability to work collaboratively and build high-performing teams
- Workday experience preferred.
WPI requires employees to be fully-vaccinated (including a booster shot) for COVID-19. For additional information on WPI's response to COVID-19, refer to https://www.wpi.edu/we-are-wpi
WPI requires employees to be fully-vaccinated for COVID-19 with booster. For additional information on WPI's response to COVID-19, refer to https://www.wpi.edu/we-are-wpi
United States of America (Exempt)
WPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability. We are seeking individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences who will contribute to a culture of creativity and collaboration, inclusion, problem solving and change making.
To apply, visit: https://wpi.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WPI_External_Career_Site/job/Worcester/Professor-of-Practice_R0001966
WPI is a vibrant, active, and diverse community of extraordinary students, world-renowned faculty, and state of the art research facilities. At WPI, we have competitive and comprehensive benefits, including health insurance, long-term care, retirement, tuition assistance, flexible spending accounts, work-life balance and much more.
Diversity & Inclusion at WPI
WPI is committed to creating an inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued and respected; a place where every student, faculty and staff member can be themselves, so that they can study, live, and work comfortably, to reach their full potential, and make meaningful contributions in order to meet departmental and institutional goals. WPI thrives on innovative practice and welcomes diverse perspectives, insight, and people from diverse lived experiences, to enhance the community environment and propel the institution to the next level in a competitive, global marketplace.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-d0e82a6849311f4ea5e34fbe164ac881