This ad is expired.
Mathematical Science Department
Worcester Polytechnic Institute - WPI
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Manage the day-to-day operations of the Department of Mathematical Sciences. Primary responsibilities include the development, implementation, and management of all activities, including all management aspects of the Math Tutoring Center. This position also oversees the day-to day fiscal and budgetary affairs of the department.
WPI is passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We are looking for candidates who can support our commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion.
- Coordinate the Math Tutoring Center, which includes scheduling of students, reviewing time sheets for students, and coordination of training.
- Monitor course enrollment to recommend addition or deletion of courses, manage requests for course scheduling, and coordinate annual updates for undergraduate and graduate catalogs.
- Main point of contact for Associate Registrar and Office of Academic Advising for scheduling adjustments.
- Work closely with faculty student worker scheduler and hiring specialists on campus to help coordinate training, hiring, and scheduling of all departmental PLAs, GLAs, and TAs (academic year and summer).
- Manage Mathematical Sciences office staff, including the hiring, training, supervision, and allocation of duties.
- Implement and monitor course evaluations for all PLAs, GLAs, and TAs.
- Attend Departmental Committee meetings on an ad hoc basis to coordinate planning of events and attend weekly Departmental Meeting to give reports on various activities.
- Manage Department Facebook account and other social media as appropriate, oversee the updating and planning of Departmental webpages and brochures, and contact point for marketing.
- Oversee the day-to day fiscal and budgetary affairs of the department, complete budget forecasting and annual reports,, and authorized signer for all departmental funds.
- Perform special projects and other duties as assigned.
This is an on-site role with the opportunity for a flexible, hybrid schedule following a 6-month review with your manager.
United States of America (Exempt)
WPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer that actively seeks to increase the diversity of its workplace. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability. It seeks individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences who will contribute to a culture of creativity, collaboration, inclusion, problem solving, innovation, high performance, and change making. It is committed to maintaining a campus environment free of harassment and discrimination.
To apply, visit: https://wpi.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WPI_External_Career_Site/job/Worcester/Operations-Manager_R0002598
WPI is a vibrant, active, and diverse community of extraordinary students, world-renowned faculty, and state of the art research facilities. At WPI, we have competitive and comprehensive benefits, including health insurance, long-term care, retirement, tuition assistance, flexible spending accounts, work-life balance and much more.
Diversity & Inclusion at WPI
WPI is committed to creating an inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued and respected; a place where every student, faculty and staff member can be themselves, so that they can study, live, and work comfortably, to reach their full potential, and make meaningful contributions in order to meet departmental and institutional goals. WPI thrives on innovative practice and welcomes diverse perspectives, insight, and people from diverse lived experiences, to enhance the community environment and propel the institution to the next level in a competitive, global marketplace.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency