This ad is expired.
Worcester Polytechnic Institute - WPI
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
The Operations Manager coordinates the educational development and faculty development programming and services led by the Morgan Teaching and Learning Center in ways that result in organizational learning and continuous improvement. The Operations Manager also provides critical support to the Director, Associate Directors, and other Morgan Center staff and collaborators.
WPI is passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We are looking for candidates who can support our commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion.
- Manage educational development programs and services for the Morgan Center Director, Associate Directors, and Instructional Designers who collaborate with the Center. This includes scheduling, planning assistance, promotion, monitoring program participation, assisting with assessment of program outcomes, and managing resulting data. This responsibility includes:
- Providing assistance to the Associate Director who leads August New Faculty Orientation and the New Faculty Mentoring Program, including meeting scheduling, planning; and logistics needs; communication with participants, monitoring of participation, and program assessment.
- Providing assistance to Associate Directors who lead TA and PLA development throughout the academic year, including program scheduling, planning, and logistics needs; liaising with the Provost's Office about new TA appointments; communication with participants, departments, and programs; monitoring of participation; and program assessment. Organize and schedule selection committee for TA and PLA of the Year Awards.
- Manage communication and publicity, documents, and disbursements related to the Teaching Innovation Grants program and Moruzzi Awards overseen by the Educational Development Council.
- Liaise with appropriate individuals and groups regarding arrangements for recognition events for the TA and PLA awards and Moruzzi Awards.
- Monitor and manage multiple operating and gift budgets under the purview of the Morgan Teaching and Learning Center. This includes procurement, serving as the Center's financial analyst, and payroll arrangements.
- Manage the Morgan Center email communications and calendar
- Work with Marketing and Communications to manage the Morgan Center website, promote events, and promote outcomes of faculty work supported by the Center
- Assist with promotion and monitoring of WPI's membership in the National Center for Faculty Development and Diversity (NCFDD), and other mentoring and faculty development initiatives
- Assist with annual reporting for the Morgan Center
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree and at least 2-4 years of experience in higher education or related field
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with a range of constituencies including faculty and staff, senior leaders, students, and external professionals
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, and Power Point
- Ability to learn new software tools, including Workday (payroll, financial transactions, budget monitoring), Qualtrics, Drupal (web content management), Canvas (learning management system), and others as needed
- Strong foundation of quantitative reasoning. Interest and capability to learn and improve skills in data management (e.g., pivot tables), data analysis, data presentation, and descriptive statistics.
- Ability to work in collaborative teams as well as independently, prioritize workload, and adapt and be flexible in response to changing needs
- Judgement to handle moderately complex issues and problems and refer more complex issues to higher level. Commitment to confidentiality.
- Demonstrated experience and commitment working in and fostering a diverse workplace grounded in values of inclusion, equity, and community building.
- Knowledge and enthusiasm about the Morgan Center's portfolio of educational and pedagogical development and faculty career development
- Experience working with faculty is desirable.
WPI requires that all employees to be fully-vaccinated for COVID-19 and boosted. For additional information, please go to https://www.wpi.edu/we-are-wpi/health-and-safety/vaccine-information
United States of America (Exempt)
WPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability. We are seeking individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences who will contribute to a culture of creativity and collaboration, inclusion, problem solving and change making.
To apply, visit: https://wpi.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WPI_External_Career_Site/job/Worcester/Operations-Manager_R0002228
WPI is a vibrant, active, and diverse community of extraordinary students, world-renowned faculty, and state of the art research facilities. At WPI, we have competitive and comprehensive benefits, including health insurance, long-term care, retirement, tuition assistance, flexible spending accounts, work-life balance and much more.
Diversity & Inclusion at WPI
WPI is committed to creating an inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued and respected; a place where every student, faculty and staff member can be themselves, so that they can study, live, and work comfortably, to reach their full potential, and make meaningful contributions in order to meet departmental and institutional goals. WPI thrives on innovative practice and welcomes diverse perspectives, insight, and people from diverse lived experiences, to enhance the community environment and propel the institution to the next level in a competitive, global marketplace.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency