New York City Regional Assistant Director of Admissions
Domestic Admissions Counselors
Worcester Polytechnic Institute - WPI
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Worcester Polytechnic Institute is currently seeking a full-time Regional Assistant Director of Admission. This individual will live in and manage all recruitment activities in the New York City Metro Area.
The individual will work with the admissions team to further WPI's efforts to attract and enroll the most qualified undergraduate students. They will be charged with developing and implementing strategies to convey key institutional messages to prospective students and parents on and off campus and to cultivate professional relationships with counselors and key educational organizations. We are a collaborative team with an ongoing focus of deepening our understanding of the intersectional identities of all members of our community. We are committed to providing a safe and welcoming environment for students and staff, which is inclusive and culturally informed.
- Develop keen understandings regarding their territory's needs, trends, and opportunities regarding recruitment and admissions. Engages with strategic organizations in their territory to form relationships with key stakeholders, alumni, community-based organizations, regional groups, and more.
- Travel (6 to 7 weeks in the fall and 2 to 3 weeks in the spring) for recruitment and public relations purposes, attending and participating in college fairs, panels, high school visits, and other strategic events
- Create a Strategic Plan for attracting students with the right academic qualifications, from target high schools in assigned territory. (Based in the New York City Metro Region with surrounding states.)
- Review and evaluate admissions applications from assigned geographic territory.
- Travel to WPI's campus for required 3-5 trips back to campus for training, updates, and assisting with on-campus programming within the academic year.
- Conduct Admissions presentations and student meetings off-campus as well as virtually
- Advise prospective WPI students, parents, and counselors.
- Communicate with prospects via email, letter, or phone.
- Participate in shared decision-making regarding annual admissions planning.
- Represent WPI on and off campus as well as virtually at professional conferences and related events.
- Cultivate relationships with counselors, community agencies, parents, students (current and prospective), WPI faculty and alumni.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- At least one year of Admissions or related experience required, salary adjusted to experience
- Willingness to travel and availability for night and weekend work.
- Valid driver's license is required for recruitment travel.
- This individual needs to be a self-starter who can work independently, yet also as part of a dynamic team.
- Must be able to manage multiple ongoing projects and responsibilities.
- The candidate must possess excellent organizational and communication skills, strong analytical abilities, a high energy level, and maturity.
- The candidate must reside within the New York City Metropolitan Area
- Skills, knowledge and experience specifically focused on the needs of students of color, students from indigenous communities, LGBTQIA+ students, international students, first generation students and students holding other intersectional identities.
- Applicants from under-represented groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Bilingual skills desirable.
Please submit cover letter and resume.
WPI requires employees to be fully-vaccinated (including a booster shot) for COVID-19. For additional information on WPI's response to COVID-19, refer to https://www.wpi.edu/we-are-wpi
United States of America (Exempt)
WPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability. We are seeking individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences who will contribute to a culture of creativity and collaboration, inclusion, problem solving and change making.
To apply, visit: https://wpi.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WPI_External_Career_Site/job/Worcester/New-York-City-Regional-Assistant-Director-of-Admissions_R0001916
WPI is a vibrant, active, and diverse community of extraordinary students, world-renowned faculty, and state of the art research facilities. At WPI, we have competitive and comprehensive benefits, including health insurance, long-term care, retirement, tuition assistance, flexible spending accounts, work-life balance and much more.
Diversity & Inclusion at WPI
WPI is committed to creating an inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued and respected; a place where every student, faculty and staff member can be themselves, so that they can study, live, and work comfortably, to reach their full potential, and make meaningful contributions in order to meet departmental and institutional goals. WPI thrives on innovative practice and welcomes diverse perspectives, insight, and people from diverse lived experiences, to enhance the community environment and propel the institution to the next level in a competitive, global marketplace.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-d42ac285a97a7c4a9fc5fd6db316f592