Medical Science Liaison, Oncology
Australia - Melbourne
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Medical Science Liaison, Gilead Oncology
Gilead Sciences is a research-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops, and commercialises innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. Our heritage of science and innovation and the curiosity and passion of everyone who works here has enabled us to provide medicines that help transform standards of care for more than 30 years. Gilead's therapeutic areas of focus include liver diseases, infectious diseases, inflammatory diseases and cancer.
Due to continued growth, we are seeking a knowledgeable and motivated professional capable of working effectively in a cross-functional team environment. The successful candidate will assume a full-time employment as a field-based Medical Science Liaison, Gilead Oncology in the Medical Affairs department and report to the Associate Director, Gilead Oncology.
Essential Job Functions
- Ensure the safe and appropriate use of Gilead medicines
- Improve the standard of clinical care for patients living with cancer
- Serve as external scientific expert in the therapy area, healthcare landscape, and data on Gilead and competitor medicines
- Implement defined goals and objectives aligned with therapy area plan of action
- Partner with colleagues and serve as the external medical affairs representative in the cross-functional therapeutic team
- Establish strategic relationships with key external stakeholders at a national level
- Collaborate with the cross-functional team to develop and manage national thought leader engagement plans
- Serve as company ambassador to professional societies, academic & research centres, patient & advocacy groups, and at national & international scientific meetings
- Develop and present complex scientific and clinical data on Gilead medicines and related therapy areas
- Coordinate and answer complex responses to clinical inquiries from healthcare professionals
- Obtain external insights and support the development and execution of advisory programs
- Partner with Clinical Operations and provides insights into investigator and site selection for Gilead trials
- Serve as liaison for early access programs and compassionate use requests for registered Gilead medicines
- Appropriately discuss concepts and coordinate the submission of investigator-sponsored research proposals
- Partner with national sales manager to provide appropriate medical support for field sales team
- Support the training of affiliate staff on therapy area and data relating to Gilead medicines
Knowledge, Experience, Competencies and Skills
- Healthcare landscape awareness and experience in the therapeutic area of Oncology is essential for this position - scientific/clinical knowledge and experience in breast cancer is strongly preferred
- Demonstrated experience in strategic relationship building
- Advanced scientific or clinical degree preferred
- Functional experience in field medical affairs preferred
- Minimum 5 years' experience in the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry preferred
- Demonstrated proficiency in scientific communication, understanding complex issues, and identifying and communicating key insights
- Capacity to manage multiple projects simultaneously and effectively prioritize workload required
- Demonstrated personal initiative, and ability to work with a high level of autonomy and independence required
- Adherence to all regulatory, legal, and business conduct requirements required
- Capacity to travel locally, nationally, and internationally when required (approximately 80% in field)
Gilead Core Values
- Integrity (always doing the right thing)
- Teamwork (collaborating in good faith)
- Excellence (working at a high level of commitment and capability)
- Accountability (taking personal responsibility)
- Inclusion (encouraging diversity)
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/Australia---Melbourne/Medical-Scientist--Oncology_R0017074-1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency