Medical Project Manager
United Kingdom - London
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Medical Project Manager, OAR Business Unit (Invasive Fungal Disease & Cystic Fibrosis), Medical Affairs
Holborn (currently remote)
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercialises innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead's therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer, inflammation, cell therapy and invasive fungal disease.
Gilead is proud of the solid portfolio of heritage products it has built up over the last 30 years, all of which sit within our Oncology, Antifungal and Respiratory (OAR) business unit. We now have an exciting opportunity for a Medical Project Manager, Medical Affairs, with code signatory status, to join the cross-functional teams focusing on Invasive Fungal Disease and Cystic Fibrosis, in Gilead Sciences, UK and Ireland.
The Medical Project Manager will focus on executing the medical strategy across the UK and Ireland. This role requires close collaboration with national and international colleagues from within Medical Affairs and the extended cross-functional team. There will also be an expectation that this role will involve shared responsibilities for Medical Scientist/MSL activities in the London and Kent regions for both the Invasive Fungal Disease and Respiratory therapy areas.
The role is predominantly office-based in Holborn, Central London and requires national and international travel (including internal meetings and external scientific conferences) once travel restrictions are eased.
The position will report to the Medical Affairs Therapeutic Area Director for Invasive Fungal Disease.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
- Executes Medical Affairs activities and scientific projects based on the medical strategy and Plan of Action, in close collaboration with other medical team members. Will be involved in the planning and development of the local Medical Affairs plan in the Therapeutic Area.
- Works as an active and contributing member with the cross-functional brand team and other cross-functional teams across the business.
- Develops and conducts medical education and communication activities, including digital, face-to-face, and print.
- Is involved in scientific publication activities and conducts these in accordance with good publication practices.
- Is a company representative to groups of experts, medical professional groups, societies, patient representatives, regulatory groups, and represents the company at national and international scientific meetings.
- Establishes and maintains strong working relationships with external medical experts locally (UK & Ireland) and internationally, including academic societies.
- Plans and conducts Advisory Boards as needed to obtain appropriate insights.
- Utilises scientific resources to deliver impactful scientific exchange and presentations in a variety of different settings to educate HCPs and Payors in line with the ABPI Code of Practice.
- Works collaboratively with Gilead personnel in European affiliates, Global Medical Affairs, Clinical Research, Marketing, Market Access, Sales, Regulatory Affairs, Drug Safety, Public and Government Affairs.
- Assists with Gilead late stage clinical and research programs in the Invasive Fungal Disease and Cystic Fibrosis therapy areas, including collaboration with investigators and internal Gilead personnel.
- Facilitates and co-ordinates the annual UK & Ireland grants programme and takes responsibility for the logistical management and chairing of the application review meeting.
- Responds in a reactive manner to requests for information from Healthcare professionals and other relevant stakeholders in line with the ABPI Code of Practice.
Knowledge, Experience & Skills
- The candidate must have a strong scientific background. A medical, pharmacy, or higher (e.g. MSc or PhD) degree are essential for this position
- Code signatory status essential
- Experience in a Pharmaceutical Medical Affairs environment within Mycology, Microbiology, or within the field of Haematology are highly desirable, although not essential.
- Ability to embrace Gilead's leadership commitments and patient-centric values, including maintaining high ethical and compliance standards
- A strategic mindset with a focus on collaboration and excellence
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, along with the ability to understand, analyse and communicate medical concepts in a clear and concise way
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Ability to successfully navigate fast and dynamic situations where there is ambiguity, uncertainty, and change
- Excellent organisational skills including attention to detail and prioritisation
- Ability to work in a cross-functional matrix environment
Gilead Core Values
- Integrity (always doing the right thing)
- Teamwork (collaborating in good faith)
- Excellence (working at a high level of commitment and capability)
- Accountability (taking personal responsibility)
- Inclusion (encouraging diversity)
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
It is the policy of Gilead Sciences, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively "Gilead" or the "Company") to recruit select and employ the most qualified persons available for positions throughout the Company. Except if otherwise provided by applicable law, all employment actions relating to issues such as compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, returns from layoffs, company-sponsored training, education assistance, social and recreational programs are administered on a non-discriminatory basis (i.e. without regard to protected characteristics or prohibited grounds, which may include an individual's gender, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, veteran status, and age, unless such protection is prohibited by federal, state, municipal, provincial, local or other applicable laws). Gilead also prohibits discrimination based on any other characteristics protected by applicable laws.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-Kingdom---London/Medical-Project-Manager_R0017391-1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency