This ad is expired.
- Manager of Accounts Payable
- Go to our website »
Manager of Accounts Payable
Worcester Polytechnic Institute - WPI
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Reporting to the Director of Procurement & Payables the Manager of Accounts Payable is responsible for the management of all accounts payable functions and administration of the University purchasing card program. Additional responsibilities include, compliance reporting, policy development and the documentation of procedures related to payables. The Manager of Accounts Payable is also responsible for assisting with the year-end close and external audit processes.
WPI is passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We are looking for candidates who can support our commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion.
- Manage the daily accounts payable operations.
- Delegate AP workload and ensure timely processing.
- Review and approve all payment files.
- Identify and resolve customer service issues relating to AP with limited oversight. This will require communication with internal departments and well as outside suppliers.
- Assist in the development and enforcement of department policies and procedures.
- Analyze workflow and implement changes as needed.
- Assist in the implementation of technological solutions for P2P functions, optimization and continued process and user experience enhancements.
- Manage supplier information and participate annual tax reporting process.
- Verify independent contractors and employee status and determine reporting needs.
- Complete nonresident alien tax analysis
- Prepare annual 1099s and 1042s.
- Complete various monthly and quarterly reports including sales tax, entertainer tax, and unclaimed property.
- Other accounts payable oversight as needed.
- Oversight of the purchase card program including card audits.
- Participate in in the annual audit process; reviewing, analyzing, and resolving audit comments related to Accounts Payable.
- Review, analyze and reconcile general ledger accounts.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree with major in accounting, business, or related field required.
- 5 years Accounts Payable experience with a minimum of 3 years supervisory experience.
- 3 or more years' experience in procurement preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite products.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Must be well organized, detail oriented, and have strong customer service skills.
- Experience with ERP systems such as Workday.
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment and work collaboratively with others.
WPI requires that all employees to be fully-vaccinated for COVID-19 and boosted. For additional information, please go to https://www.wpi.edu/we-are-wpi/health-and-safety/vaccine-information
United States of America (Exempt)
WPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer that actively seeks to increase the diversity of its workplace. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability. It seeks individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences who will contribute to a culture of creativity, collaboration, inclusion, problem solving, innovation, high performance, and change making. It is committed to maintaining a campus environment free of harassment and discrimination.
To apply, visit: https://wpi.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WPI_External_Career_Site/job/Worcester/Manager-of-Accounts-Payable_R0002355
WPI is a vibrant, active, and diverse community of extraordinary students, world-renowned faculty, and state of the art research facilities. At WPI, we have competitive and comprehensive benefits, including health insurance, long-term care, retirement, tuition assistance, flexible spending accounts, work-life balance and much more.
Diversity & Inclusion at WPI
WPI is committed to creating an inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued and respected; a place where every student, faculty and staff member can be themselves, so that they can study, live, and work comfortably, to reach their full potential, and make meaningful contributions in order to meet departmental and institutional goals. WPI thrives on innovative practice and welcomes diverse perspectives, insight, and people from diverse lived experiences, to enhance the community environment and propel the institution to the next level in a competitive, global marketplace.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency