Manager, Compensation Programs
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
About the Role
Gilead is looking to hire a Manager, Compensation Programs to help design and manage global compensation structures and programs that align our Rewards initiatives with company goals and competitive practices. The successful candidate will have passion for analyzing data and developing insights and recommendations that drive decisions impacting our global rewards programs.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Conduct complex modeling and costing for base salary, incentive programs, and stock programs.
- Lead the development of annual salary budget proposals by country
- Lead the annual review of incentive targets globally; develop recommendations for updates
- Manage the annual aging and refresh process for global market range structures
- Manage and facilitate the annual market range job assignment process including developing supporting tools and process, consolidating input from the broader team and auditing results
- Develop advanced reports, audit tools, and presentation materials to support compensation programs and rewards cycles
- Partner with our HR Technology and Operations teams as needed in the support of the design, build and execution of compensation programs
- Partner with Finance to ensure appropriate forecasting and planning for various compensation program costs
- Participate in the administration of and potentially lead our Annual Rewards cycle
- Co-administrate our compensation platform, CompAnalyst
- Lead or participate in a broad range of ad hoc projects
- Demonstrated background in data analysis and cost modeling
- Able to drive projects to completion with minimal direction
- Build strong justification to support recommendations and effectively communicate with decision-makers
- Excellent problem solving, written and verbal communication skills
- Highly detail-oriented with a focus on data accuracy and integrity
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Team player who can easily handle shifting priorities, multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment
- Motivated and willing to take initiative
- Prior experience with OR an aptitude and interest in advanced Excel features including VBA
- BA/BS degree and
- A minimum of 7 years of Compensation, HR, and/or Finance experience OR an MA/MS and a minimum of 5 years of Compensation, HR, and/or Finance experience
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office; advanced Excel skills
- Ability to handle sensitive data in a confidential manner
- Experience as a Compensation Partner supporting a client group
- Experience working in a global organization with 5,000 or more employees
- Biopharmaceutical or Pharmaceutical industry experience
- Working knowledge of Excel VBA, macros, advanced formulas
- Experience working with Sharepoint and Microsoft Teams
- Systems experience with HRIS, market data, and/or salary planning applications (specifically Workday and CompAnalyst)
- CCP/GRP certification or course completion desired
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Manager--Compensation-Programs_R0016878-1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency