International Admissions Counselor
International Admissions Counselors
Worcester Polytechnic Institute - WPI
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
This individual will work with the undergraduate admissions team to further WPI's efforts to attract and enroll the most qualified undergraduate students, with an emphasis on international students. This individual will develop and implement strategies to convey key institutional messages to prospective students and parents on and off campus, as well as cultivate professional relationships with guidance counselors, educational advisers, embassies, and other key educational organizations.
- Conduct admissions presentations and interviews on and off campus.
- Travel internationally for recruitment and public relations purposes.
- Review and evaluate first year and transfer admissions applications.
- Advise prospective WPI students, parents and guidance counselors.
- Communicate with prospects via email and phone.
- Identify and implement admissions strategies in assigned geographic regions.
- Participate in shared decision making regarding annual admissions planning.
- Represent WPI on and off campus at professional conferences and related events.
- Manage territory specific international alumni volunteers.
- Coordinate international summer program attendance with Pre-Collegiate Outreach Office.
- Serve as point person for international recruitment events.
- Liaise with current international students to support recruitment efforts.
- Support UES events by staffing Open Houses and Touch Tomorrow.
- Bachelor's degree required
- One year or more admissions experience as a student or professional desired.
- Experience with international travel preferred.
- Intercultural competency preferred.
- Willingness to travel and availability for night and weekend work.
- Valid driver's license and passport required.
- Bilingual skills desired.
- This individual needs to be a self-starter who is able to work independently yet also as part of a team
- Must be able to manage multiple ongoing projects and responsibilities
- Must possess excellent organizational and communication skills, strong analytical abilities, a high energy level and maturity.
United States of America (Exempt)
WPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability. We are seeking individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences who will contribute to a culture of creativity and collaboration, inclusion, problem solving and change making.
To apply, visit: https://wpi.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WPI_External_Career_Site/job/Worcester/International-Admissions-Counselor_R0001013
WPI is a vibrant, active, and diverse community of extraordinary students, world-renowned faculty, and state of the art research facilities. At WPI, we have competitive and comprehensive benefits, including health insurance, long-term care, retirement, tuition assistance, flexible spending accounts, work-life balance and much more.
Diversity & Inclusion at WPI
WPI is committed to creating an inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued and respected; a place where every student, faculty and staff member can be themselves, so that they can study, live, and work comfortably, to reach their full potential, and make meaningful contributions in order to meet departmental and institutional goals. WPI thrives on innovative practice and welcomes diverse perspectives, insight, and people from diverse lived experiences, to enhance the community environment and propel the institution to the next level in a competitive, global marketplace.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency