- Hiring Specialist
- Go to our website »
Budget & IT - Provost
Worcester Polytechnic Institute - WPI
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
The Hiring Specialist supports the hiring of graduate students (teaching and research assistants), staff, and faculty within the Academic Affairs Division. Headquartered in the office of the dean of the School of Arts and Sciences and Engineering and reporting to the Assistant Director, Academic Affairs and the Dean's Operations Director, the specialist collaborates closely with the academic and support departments to identify hiring needs, evaluate those needs against approved positions and budgets, steward the hires through the administrative process through the utilization of Workday and collaboration with impacted administrative offices (Talent and Inclusion, Payroll, Finance/Bursar's Office, Registrar's Office, etc.), and provide reporting on hiring activities.
WPI is passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We are looking for candidates who can support our commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion.
- Receive requests to hire teaching assistants, research assistants, graduate fellows, staff, and faculty from academic and support offices and document and evaluate with regard to position status (replacement, new), and budget.
- Process requests for hire in the Workday system and by capturing relevant information on request forms in preparation for approvals and offers, with a focus on accuracy and efficiency.
- Process requests for tuition waivers for teaching assistants and research assistants.
- Manage request for changes in status for all hires, including processing costing reallocation changes and tracking changes through standard reporting.
- Manage re-appointments of teaching assistants, research assistants and graduate fellows.
- Collaborate with academic and support offices, the Graduate School, Talent and Inclusion (HR and Payroll), Budget and Finance, International House, Information Technology, the Dean's and Provost's office to assure accurate and timely processing of hires and tuition.
- Provide accurate and timely tracking of hiring including use of dashboards and ad hoc reporting tools, with an emphasis on attention to detail in all operations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma, bachelor's degree preferred
- Proficiency with MS Office software packages, (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), experience with Workday HCM, Finance and Student modules preferred
- Digital literacy skills and a desire to leverage technology to improve faculty, staff and student experiences a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills and an entrepreneurial spirit.
- A strong commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion that exemplifies WPI's institutional values
WPI offers competitive pay and benefits, including health insurance, paid time off, and retirement savings options. If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding career opportunity, with a desire to learn and grow, please submit your resume and cover letter for this exciting opportunity!
This is a non-exempt hourly position with a pay rate of up to $20.60 per hour
United States of America (Non-Exempt)
WPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer that actively seeks to increase the diversity of its workplace. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability. It seeks individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences who will contribute to a culture of creativity, collaboration, inclusion, problem solving, innovation, high performance, and change making. It is committed to maintaining a campus environment free of harassment and discrimination.
To apply, visit: https://wpi.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WPI_External_Career_Site/job/Worcester/Hiring-Specialist_R0002405
WPI is a vibrant, active, and diverse community of extraordinary students, world-renowned faculty, and state of the art research facilities. At WPI, we have competitive and comprehensive benefits, including health insurance, long-term care, retirement, tuition assistance, flexible spending accounts, work-life balance and much more.
Diversity & Inclusion at WPI
WPI is committed to creating an inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued and respected; a place where every student, faculty and staff member can be themselves, so that they can study, live, and work comfortably, to reach their full potential, and make meaningful contributions in order to meet departmental and institutional goals. WPI thrives on innovative practice and welcomes diverse perspectives, insight, and people from diverse lived experiences, to enhance the community environment and propel the institution to the next level in a competitive, global marketplace.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency