Head of Government Affairs Spain
Spain - Madrid
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead is a research-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercialises innovative medicines in areas of high unmet medical need. The company strives to transform and simplify care for people with life-threatening illnesses around the world. Founded in 1987, Gilead has approximately 11,000 employees and operations in more than 35 countries worldwide.
Gilead is known for its innovative medicines, start-up culture, lean teams and deep expertise of its people. Gilead has a heritage of being grounded in science.
Following the significant environmental challenges, the company has invested in the Government Affairs discipline with the aim of fostering an innovational friendly environment to enable patients to have access to our innovative portfolio.
Government Affairs and Policy aims to act as a critical link, connecting governments with Gilead science and connecting Gilead with policymakers' needs and expectations. We strive to be a thought-leading function, valued for our analysis and insight and capability to inform policy change that enhances patients' access to Gilead's innovation. Our vision of success is to foster an environment where governments value, reward and support access to Gilead's innovation.
Spain is a high performing affiliate and among the top nine countries in terms of performance within Gilead. It has been one of the leading countries in its fight against COVID-19 and Gilead has worked closely with the authorities to bring our clinical trials and ensure access to patients in most need. Spain Government Affairs is running many high-profile projects in partnership with leading public health societies and policy makers. Spain, together with Portugal, have taken the lead in implementing a FOCUS project aimed at improving screening and linkage to care of patients with HIV and HCV. This project is a best in class example of partnership working together with the public sector. With our expansion into inflammation and solid tumours, alongside HIV, hepatitis C and CAR-T, Gilead Spain is preparing for an exciting era of growth.
As the Head of Government Affairs for Spain the person will be expected to:-
- Lead the team of Government Affairs
- Be a member of the Spanish Leadership Team and provide thought leadership in terms of the evolving policy environment and potential impact on Gilead
- Be a member of the Head of Australia, Canada and Europe's Leadership Team
- Manage Government Affairs' agencies and ensure they fully understand of Gilead's priorities and have an effective plan to execute on these in the relevant countries
Core Tasks and Responsibilities
- Develop, manage, and coordinate strategies, initiatives, operations, and activities related to national and regional legislation, programmes and its institutions
- Create a positive presence for Gilead Sciences among regional and national parliamentarians and members of the government, civil servants and its agencies, for the purpose of facilitating and enhancing Gilead's mission.
- Work collaboratively with other members of government affairs department as well as other Gilead departments within Spain and in headquarters in order that each department is aware of issues affecting Gilead's business, departmental activities are consistent with government affairs initiatives, government affairs initiatives are consistent with Gilead policy objectives, and help Gilead identify opportunities to work with the government to advance its mission.
- Excellent understanding of the environment and implement an active contact programme with stakeholders
- Lead train manage a high performing team
- Work with internal team to help develop and steer Gilead policy agenda. Monitor the legislative/regulatory environment with the objective of providing Gilead's management with sophisticated information and options on dealing with developments so that the corporation's interests are achieved.
- Develop team strategies to address the regulatory environment and policy environment in such a manner as to improve Gilead's objectives.
- Typically requires a BSc or BA degree and with significant prior experience in government, government affairs, public affairs or policy role. A MA or MSc degree or MBA and relevant experience is preferred.
- Fluent in Spanish and English.
- Exceptional level of influencing and managing relationships within and outside of Gilead to develop, implement and coordinate
- Proven ability to lead superior team in delivering successful/favourable policy and advocacy results
- Must have advanced skills, depth and expertise in government affairs as well as advanced business judgment and analytical skills.
- Effective relationships with members of healthcare, business legislative, regulatory and policy community
- Extensive experience in the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industries preferred.
- Must have extensive experience working in a project-team environment.
- In-depth knowledge of the healthcare system and key policies relevant for pharmaceutical market access for highly innovative medicines is essential
- Experience of establishing external stakeholder groups to advance policy goals
- Requires a good track record of experience in implementing projects with defined outcomes in government, a government affairs, public affairs or policy role
- Knowledge of the European HIV, HBV & HCV, and Oncology policy environment is preferred - an understanding of public health policy issues is essential
- Excellent strategic thinker with ability to formulate, develop and execute on agreed strategies
- Strong executive presence with ability to command respect through experience internally and externally
- Strong entrepreneurial skills and sound business judgment and analytical skills
- Skilled at managing cross-functional teams or working groups and strong team player
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communications skills
- Experience of budget and cost centre management.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
It is the policy of Gilead Sciences, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively "Gilead" or the "Company") to recruit select and employ the most qualified persons available for positions throughout the Company. Except if otherwise provided by applicable law, all employment actions relating to issues such as compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, returns from layoffs, company-sponsored training, education assistance, social and recreational programs are administered on a non-discriminatory basis (i.e. without regard to protected characteristics or prohibited grounds, which may include an individual's gender, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, veteran status, and age, unless such protection is prohibited by federal, state, municipal, provincial, local or other applicable laws). Gilead also prohibits discrimination based on any other characteristics protected by applicable laws.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/Spain---Madrid/Head-of-Government-Affairs-Spain_R0015708
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency