Head Coach Baseball/PE Instructor
Worcester Polytechnic Institute - WPI
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
The Head Coach is responsible for providing leadership and direction for all aspects of the Baseball program as they compete competitively in NCAA Division III athletics and the NEWMAC (New England Men's and Women's Athletic Conference) while providing an educational environment which enhances the development of the whole student-athlete. Additional responsibilities include, teaching courses in physical education as well as departmental administrative responsibilities.
WPI is passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We are looking for candidates who can support our commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion.
Learn more about WPI's department of physical education, recreation and athletics at https://wpi.prestosports.com/landing/index"
- Provide leadership and direction to the baseball program; create a culture of compliance with NCAA rules and regulations as well as NEWMAC and WPI university policies and procedures.
- Serve as a role model for students in and out of competition. Maintain and support a culture within the program that fosters continuous development of the whole person for each team member and the team in its entirety.
- Ensure that team members are maintaining academic performance.
- Establish and supervise assistant coaching staff.
- Recruit prospective student-athletes committed to academic and athletic excellence.
- Maintain the strong connection with the WPI baseball alumni group through communication and relationship development.
- Develop a good rapport and/or working relationship with students, department members, staff, and faculty.
- Establish and maintain a positive public relations image for the sport, the department, and WPI.
- Manage and be accountable for the program's operating and fundraising budgets.
- Teach PE courses as assigned.
- Perform other administrative duties as assigned.
- Commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion in all areas of responsibility.
- Bachelor's Degree required; master's degree preferred.
- 3-5 years of secondary/collegiate coaching experience.
- CPR/First Aid/AED certification preferred
- Valid driver's license required.
- A pre-employment background check is required.
WPI requires that all employees to be fully-vaccinated for COVID-19 and boosted. For additional information, please go to https://www.wpi.edu/we-are-wpi/health-and-safety/vaccine-information
United States of America (Exempt)
WPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability. We are seeking individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences who will contribute to a culture of creativity and collaboration, inclusion, problem solving and change making.
To apply, visit: https://wpi.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WPI_External_Career_Site/job/Worcester/Head-Coach-Baseball-PE-Instructor_R0002106
WPI is a vibrant, active, and diverse community of extraordinary students, world-renowned faculty, and state of the art research facilities. At WPI, we have competitive and comprehensive benefits, including health insurance, long-term care, retirement, tuition assistance, flexible spending accounts, work-life balance and much more.
Diversity & Inclusion at WPI
WPI is committed to creating an inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued and respected; a place where every student, faculty and staff member can be themselves, so that they can study, live, and work comfortably, to reach their full potential, and make meaningful contributions in order to meet departmental and institutional goals. WPI thrives on innovative practice and welcomes diverse perspectives, insight, and people from diverse lived experiences, to enhance the community environment and propel the institution to the next level in a competitive, global marketplace.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-3b42e626068c964d8ce07107c4c580b2