This ad is expired.
General Manager Kite Intercontinental
Brazil - Sao Paulo
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
The General Manager of Kite Intercontinental provides strategic vision and leadership to develop and implement the commercial strategy accelerating the growth of Kite's business in Latin America, the Middle East and Southeast Asia. This role is responsible for building and executing brand strategies aligned with global strategies but customized to local country needs. The incumbent will lead multiple launches across geographies and ensure execution excellence to maintain Kite's global leadership in cell therapy.
- Lead multiple launches for Yescarta and Tecartus and drive patient referrals, developing strategies and tactics across geographies
- Full P&L and budget accountability for the region
- Ensure excellence in execution of tactical launch plans across countries for pipeline assets and in-line products by:
- Working to shape internal and external cell therapy policy, maximizing the potential of Kite's business and access for patients
- Overseeing the development of effective sales and marketing strategies that are executable, easily communicated and clinically supported, collaborating with medical affairs in a compliant fashion
- Providing timely guidance to senior management on key strategic initiatives and brand performance
- Lead long-range planning process, portfolio planning, annual financial plans, and demand planning with supply chain
- Maintain an effective, collaborative relationship with internal stakeholders, including Medical Affairs, Global Marketing, and Market Access to successfully drive business objectives and ensure patient access
- Broaden the Kite network and presence by building scientific, academic, KOL, payer and patient advocacy relationships
- Build current and future competitive advantages by understanding and addressing customer needs and demonstrating a deep understanding of competitors' strategies, designing and executing market research and deriving market insights that enable differentiation
- Build and optimize an organizational structure that meets market and customer needs, investing in top talent and fostering a culture of diversity, innovation and teamwork
- Bachelor's degree
- Significant commercial leadership experience in the pharmaceutical or life sciences industry (15+ years) with an outstanding record of accomplishment in leading high performing teams (e.g., marketing, sales)
- Extensive understanding of and experience in both the clinical aspects and business of oncology
- Extensive and recent product launch experience in oncology, successfully launching key products/brands and consistently achieving sales growth and market share objective
- Proven ability to lead a commercial organization and manage cross-functional teams with demonstrated success in developing commercialization strategies and managing a local P&L for an oncology portfolio
- Demonstrated abilities to attract, develop and retain talent and create a culture that supports appropriate risk-taking and innovation
- A solid understanding of the complex regulatory and commercial requirements in oncology
- High learning ability and agility, working across cultures and time-zones, often remotely, while achieving business goals
- Excellent verbal / written communication and presentation skills
- Strong executive presence and a motivational leadership style that inspires others, conveys confidence, and demonstrates passion for Kite's mission
- Proven P&L experience, including demonstrated success in managing and growing an oncology business
- Demonstrated ability to develop external scientific, academic, KOL, payer and patient advocacy relationships
- Ability to travel long-haul, approximately 50% in a post-pandemic environment.
- Fluency in written and spoken English with at least one other language appropriate for the region
- MBA or other relevant business or scientific post-graduate degree
- Extensive understanding of and experience in both the clinical aspects and business of hematology and ideally cell therapy specifically
- Experience with patient marketing and working with complex patient journeys
- Strong understanding of payer and market access dynamics in oncology
- Significant new product launch management experience, ideally in new technology platforms within oncology
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/Brazil---Sao-Paulo/General-Manager-Kite-Intercontinental_R0018625
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency