Worcester Polytechnic Institute - WPI
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
The Facilities Manager position manages the custodial operations in all campus buildings, and collaborates with both university and outside individuals and groups in the presentation of special events and functions. Assist the Director of Facilities Operations in the management of the Department.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinates the operations of the building services group in their primary function of cleaning all university academic, residential and peripheral and auxiliary buildings.
- Serves as departmental liaison with academic department heads, meeting on a regular basis and following up on areas of concern to insure customer satisfaction.
- Is directly responsible for the establishment of standards, schedules, assignments, staffing levels and training for the buildings group.
- Collaborates with others, and directly manages the acquisition of materials, supplies, and their appropriate stocking levels. Negotiates contract services for cleaning and event-related services. Oversees projects and outside services related to custodial operations.
- Is responsible for the coordination of campus trash removal and recycling to include specifications, guidelines and contract negotiations related to this function.
- When required, acts as a primary negotiator in union contract talks.
- Responsible for the execution of setup in support of annual university related activities and special events. Is a primary contact with both university and outside individuals and groups in the planning of conferences, events, meetings and other related functions. Also acts as Facilities coordinator for department support of all the above.
- Budgetary responsibility in excess of $1,000,000. Must track all expenses within his jurisdiction, working closely with the Director of Facilities and the Director of Budget & Planning.
- Acts as the Associate Director of Facilities, and acts as Department Head during planned absences by the Director.
- Participates in the management rotation list for after hour emergencies.
- Directly supervises three exempt managers, and indirectly supervises up to sixty-five non-exempt union custodians, and up to twenty student employees.
- Collaborates with others in the development of negotiations issues and strategies, compensation packages, and related Human Resources issues.
- Manage annual projects as required or directed.
- Minimum of five years in a responsible supervisory capacity.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to use a computer for spreadsheet, word processing and communication.
Please include a cover letter with your resume for consideration.
WPI requires that all employees to be fully-vaccinated for COVID-19 and boosted (if applicable). For additional information, please go to https://www.wpi.edu/we-are-wpi.
United States of America (Exempt)
WPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability. We are seeking individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences who will contribute to a culture of creativity and collaboration, inclusion, problem solving and change making.
To apply, visit: https://wpi.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WPI_External_Career_Site/job/Worcester/Facilities-Manager_R0002034
WPI is a vibrant, active, and diverse community of extraordinary students, world-renowned faculty, and state of the art research facilities. At WPI, we have competitive and comprehensive benefits, including health insurance, long-term care, retirement, tuition assistance, flexible spending accounts, work-life balance and much more.
Diversity & Inclusion at WPI
WPI is committed to creating an inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued and respected; a place where every student, faculty and staff member can be themselves, so that they can study, live, and work comfortably, to reach their full potential, and make meaningful contributions in order to meet departmental and institutional goals. WPI thrives on innovative practice and welcomes diverse perspectives, insight, and people from diverse lived experiences, to enhance the community environment and propel the institution to the next level in a competitive, global marketplace.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-f2e5edcda81dfe408aca3a3f5ebc11e7