This ad is expired.
Director of Pre-Collegiate Programs
Worcester Polytechnic Institute - WPI
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
This position will provide strategic leadership for the university's middle and high school STEM pathway programming that supports the diversification of STEM fields and WPI's undergraduate enrollment. Serving as a collaborative leader for the university, this individual will be responsible for the daily leadership and management of the Precollegiate Outreach Programs team.
WPI is passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We are looking for candidates who can support our commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion.
- Provide strategic leadership for the Office of Pre-collegiate Outreach Programs, which supports pathways for middle and high schoolers into STEM fields, promotes the diversification of STEM and provides a pipeline to WPI's undergraduate enrollment.
- Lead the Pre-collegiate Outreach Programs team of seven staff which coordinates both summer and academic year programming for middle and high schoolers.
- Responsible for the development, coordination, promotion, and assessment of pre-college programs to achieve university goals.
- Supervise the Director of Sponsorship and Special Events, two Associate Directors, and the Project Lead the Way Professional Learning Lead.
- Support student pathways into STEM, with an emphasis on underrepresented populations in STEM, including, but not limited to female students, students of color, low-socioeconomic status, and first-generation students.
- Communicate and collaborate with internal and external constituencies including students, families, alumni, industry partners, and on campus service providers to support new and existing initiatives.
- Build and maintain key university relationships with local and national partners including community-based organizations (CBOs), nonprofits, and school districts.
- Collaborate with faculty and department heads on outreach programs run by the Office of Pre-Collegiate Outreach Programs
- Serve as a member of the Undergraduate Enrollment Leadership team, along with Undergraduate Admissions, Student Aid & Financial Literacy, and Undergraduate Enrollment Systems and Operations - to support the university's strategic plan, leveraging pre-college programs to achieve institutional enrollment goals.
- Manages departmental budget, including forecasting revenue.
- Oversee major events and programs, including Touch Tomorrow and Project Lead the Way.
- Advise WPI faculty and staff regarding grants and initiatives that serve middle and high school students.
- Member of the Minors on Campus Review Committee to assist the WPI community in policies ensuring the safety of minors, both in-person and through virtual events.
- Involved in national and regional professional associations such as the Association of Pre-College Program Directors (PCPD) and North American Association of Summer Sessions (NAASS).
- Represent WPI on-campus and off-campus during travel for the institution, professional conferences, and related events.
- Attend evening and weekend programs to support outreach programs, undergraduate student, and institutional events.
- Serve in the on-call crisis response rotation for summer, residential programs.
- Address high-level parent/family concerns and participant behavior, as necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree required, Master's degree preferred and 5+ years in precollege programs, education, enrollment, or higher education. Secondary education or technical experience in science, technology, engineering, and/or mathematics (STEM) is desirable.
- Must be able to effectively lead and develop a team with a broad range of experience and responsibilities.
- Demonstrated commitment to creating pathways for underserved populations into STEM fields.
- Experience developing and/or delivering residential outreach programs to youth, including knowledge of risk management of minors, curriculum/program development, and/or residential staff supervision is desirable.
- Familiarity with pre-college landscape in higher education to inform strategic planning and marketing efforts.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with a variety of stakeholders.
- Budget management experience preferred.
- Strong organizational, analytical, and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, ample experience exercising professional judgment.
- Demonstrated commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive working and learning environment.
- Flexibility with schedule to cover evening and weekend programs; understanding that summer Is the busiest time of the year and vacation time in summers may be limited.
- Bilingual skills desirable.
WPI requires that all employees to be fully-vaccinated for COVID-19 and boosted. For additional information, please go to https://www.wpi.edu/we-are-wpi/health-and-safety/vaccine-information
United States of America (Exempt)
WPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability. We are seeking individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences who will contribute to a culture of creativity and collaboration, inclusion, problem solving and change making.
To apply, visit: https://wpi.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WPI_External_Career_Site/job/Worcester/Director-of-Pre-Collegiate-Programs_R0002135-1
WPI is a vibrant, active, and diverse community of extraordinary students, world-renowned faculty, and state of the art research facilities. At WPI, we have competitive and comprehensive benefits, including health insurance, long-term care, retirement, tuition assistance, flexible spending accounts, work-life balance and much more.
Diversity & Inclusion at WPI
WPI is committed to creating an inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued and respected; a place where every student, faculty and staff member can be themselves, so that they can study, live, and work comfortably, to reach their full potential, and make meaningful contributions in order to meet departmental and institutional goals. WPI thrives on innovative practice and welcomes diverse perspectives, insight, and people from diverse lived experiences, to enhance the community environment and propel the institution to the next level in a competitive, global marketplace.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-ad2f81b509e0cd4aaa27b837a6f9b828