This ad is expired.
Director, Trade Relations
United States - California - Foster CityUnited States - South RegionUnited States - West RegionUnited States - Central Region
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Director, Trade Relations
In this role, you'll be responsible for managing all the U.S. based retail, specialty and wholesaler distribution partnerships and other market channel activities related to the distribution of Gilead products. You will provide insight in optimizing the business relationships and outcomes with targeted accounts and providing Gilead Senior Leadership with pro-active insights on channel trends and means of improving the Company's position in the market. You will have on going responsibility for management of agreements with different channel partners, assuring commercial activity meets terms of agreement, addressing any issues occurring within agreement by working with key Gilead parties and the wholesaler/distributor representatives to resolve any issues in a timely and effective manner.
You will collaborate with order management in Trade Operations to address any evolving issues in partner ordering patterns. A key responsibility will be to negotiate and execute agreements with wholesaler and manage amendments as Gilead portfolio evolves, including experiencing the loss of exclusivity on certain products. You will provide strategic guidance on partner selection based on core capabilities, market presence core values, capabilities and with the focus always being on the patient. Assist in establishment and periodic modification of key contract terms and deliverables, including data sets provided.
Serves as the primary touchpoint to distribution channel partners, (retail, specialty and wholesaler), attend major relevant industry events to represent Gilead, arrange for and conduct business update discussions between targeted accounts/Gilead, gain/report key insights regarding industry trends and practices that impact Gilead and its products. Utilizes, to the fullest extent possible, the data and information available from channel partners and Trade Operations to assist in the management of financial/market forecasts, inventory level optimization and analysis of buying trends/behaviors of key accounts. Includes management of timing and data resolution of data fields for Trade Operations, Brand, Finance and Analytics, as well as additional data available on returns and other distribution related activities.
Works cross functionally where needed and within business conduct guidelines with Managed Markets Strategy & Operations, Managed Markets, Commercial Legal/U.S. Pricing & Access, Drug Safety, Analytics, Finance and Brand to incorporate information into overall analysis of market activity and agreement terms and conditions. Establishes C suite multi-level relationships with channel partners, allowing for significant, constructive, tactical strategic dialogue between the parties. Produces accurate, timely and insightful business reviews with support to on-going data/dashboard reports; summarizing major issues, trends and potential course corrections required in managing the distribution process and partners. Reports should include detailed summary of potential legislative/regulatory impacts, business model shifts, market channel shift trends, and partner M&A activity, and 3rd party payer policy changes. Translates management report findings into strategic initiatives to improve Gilead's competitive position in entering new distribution channels. Present recommendations and secure buy-in from Director, Business Operations and Senior Management.
This field-based position will report to the Senior Director, Trade Relations and will have national responsibility for approximately 12 targeted accounts. The candidate must live in the continental United States and be able to travel up to 50% (attend conferences, visit customers and attend meetings in Foster City, CA).
Essential Duties and Job Functions
The candidate will be responsible for negotiating retail, specialty pharmacy and wholesaler agreements based on business need and approved by needed departments at Gilead. Monitoring agreements/amendment compliance via dashboard reports and scheduling business reviews. A key role is serving as an internal Gilead resource for escalated retail, specialty pharmacy and wholesaler issues (including operations and data), contract analysis and contract language needs. The candidate will assist Gilead brand leadership in a variety of business development initiatives to drive product pull through and to enhance retail, specialty pharmacy and wholesaler relationships in a compliant manner. Attendance required at various industry conferences, such as Asembia, NASP and PCMA. The management of distribution operations will also include managing sub wholesale channel inventory, label/NDC updates, packaging changes, return goods and stocking issues.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- Proven success in negotiating retail, wholesaler and specialty pharmacy distribution agreements, data agreements, understands FMV and how to utilize talking points and resistance training in a negotiation.
- Ability to understand and communicate data analytics, leadership in C suite relationships to support the needed strategic and business planning experience needed for this position.
- Specific responsibilities include managing the RFQ (request for quotation) process, developing distribution model criteria; making recommendations for participation in our retail, specialty pharmacy and wholesaler network.
- The candidate must be self-motivated, work well in a team environment, is skilled in developing relationships to support working cross functionally in multiple departments in Foster City and within needed timelines and budget constraints.
- The role requires complex written and verbal communication skills.
- Team leadership and/or project management experience aligned with Gilead's Leadership Commitments.
- Ability to identify rising issues, provide solutions and recommendations to Foster City management and Brand teams. The candidate must be able to master the clinical training of Gilead's products because the scope of work includes supporting all products in all therapeutic areas.
- The position requires 12 + years in retail, specialty pharmacy, wholesaler account management, and advanced contract negotiation experience with a bachelor's degree in Business, Pharmacy, Marketing or related fields OR 10+ years in retail, specialty pharmacy, wholesaler account management, and advanced contract negotiation experience with an MBA, MS/MA degree.
- An MBA or other advanced business degree is preferred.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel, Power Point, Word and fluent in conversational and written English.
- The position requires extensive travel throughout the continental United States and based on business needs travel to Gilead's home office in Foster City, California.
The Gilead Difference
Everyone at Gilead is motivated by our overarching mission to discover and deliver innovative therapies that improve patient care in areas of unmet medical needs. But it's just what we do that gives us an edge, it's how we do it. We expect everyone at Gilead to lead by example, guided by our core values:
- Integrity - Doing What's Right
- Inclusion - Encouraging Diversity
- Teamwork - Working Together
- Accountability - Taking Personal Responsibility
- Excellence - Being Your Best
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Director--Trade-Relations_R0018591-1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency