Director, Learning & Development Lead
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Candidates for this role should demonstrate the ability to oversee, develop, implement and facilitate learning solutions that are scalable and transferable across a global enterprise. This role is responsible for both maintaining and evolving the Global Learning function at Gilead. This role will oversee the management and evolution of our highly-rate curriculum, create an employee-centric global onboarding approach, and efficiently sustain global learning operations. There is an opportunity to develop a global learning strategy that includes enabling a culture of learning, aligning learning to business impact, and leveraging and/or implementing technologies to support learning.
This Director will maintain working relationships with numerous external and internal partners who provide program facilitation or online content and will have direct report management responsibility for the global learning staff who support the programs.
This role sits within our Talent, Development & Inclusion (TD&I) function, reporting to the Global Head of Learning and is not location dependent.
Essential Duties and Job Functions
- Design, deliver, and evaluate organization-wide employee and manager development programs working closely with other TD&I team members. Improve content and delivery as needed.
- Manage contractor team members who coordinate the training center, curriculum, and onboarding operations for the Learning function.
- Determines tactics to evolve the learning culture at Gilead and applies change management expertise in implementing them.
- Leads the transition from a regional learning approach to a global one.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts, managers and external partners to develop a strategy for online learning building on the recent launch of LinkedIn Learning.
- Oversee development of global HR onboarding to create exceptional new hire experience.
- Select, manage, develop, and evaluate vendors to ensure efficient Learning operations.
- Act as a business owner for the Learning Management System (Success Factors) and partner with other stakeholders across the organization.
- Conduct periodic organizational needs assessments to identify curriculum gaps and recommend appropriate curriculum or program solutions.
- Conduct follow-up to measure program applicability and tangible success of learning solutions and demonstrate through a quarterly dashboard and annual operations report.
Characteristics of a successful candidate will include: A strong project and program manager with demonstrated ability to understand business requirements and turn that analysis into learning solutions. Fundamental understanding of business strategy and how to link Learning or HR initiatives to business initiatives. A proven track record of creating, implementing and facilitating curriculum and employee development solutions that make a difference. Personal attributes such as excellent communication skills, able to gain credibility and engender trust and influence all levels, strong partnering skills, a bias for action and tangible results.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- At least 10 years of experience in HR consulting and/or a Fortune 500 company a must
- Minimum of 5 years Learning and Development experience
- Previous experience as a business partner or in a HR Center of Excellence a plus
- Master\\'s in education, organizational development/psychology or a related discipline is preferred
- Significant breadth of knowledge on commonly used training concepts, practices, and procedures
- The ability to follow assignments through to completion with a bias towards execution
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans\\' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Director--Learning---Development-Lead_R0021001-1
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency