Worcester Polytechnic Institute - WPI
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
The Community Director is a live-in professional responsible for assisting in the management of the Residential Services program. They assist with the selection and training of the in-residence paraprofessional staff, serve as primary supervisors and evaluators of these staff members. This position coordinates student and staff development and administrative functions in their respective areas including crisis intervention, conduct, and programming. The Community Director will also assist with housing operations and other departmental processes.
WPI is passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We are looking for candidates who can support our commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion.
- Supervise 10-15 Resident Advisors in multiple residence halls for both first year and upper-class residents. Serve as the primary resource and support for the students and staff residing in assigned residence halls.
- Supervise and evaluate the programming efforts of residence hall staff, incorporating all aspects of the programming model to address the needs of students and department goals.
- Administer the residence hall conduct system in assigned buildings. Meet with students and staff to follow up on disciplinary incidents and with students of concern.
- Assist in housing related operations areas including opening and closing of the halls, occupancy reporting, room changes, and housing selection nights.
- Serve as a member of the residential services on call group and provide active duty coverage during the on-call rotation. Serves as back-up on call response for Administrator On-Call.
- Assist in the day to day management of the residential Services Office.
- Serve on University wide committees.
- Bachelor's degree required, Master's degree preferred
- Minimum of two years of residence hall experience preferred
To apply: Please attach a resume and names and contact information for three professional references. Cover letter is optional.
Pay: $37,500 - $40,000 per year. Salary includes a furnished on-campus apartment and meal plan. WPI's benefits package contains great perks and necessitates for today including a generous retirement match, wellness benefits, tuition assistance and many more!
United States of America (Exempt)
WPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer that actively seeks to increase the diversity of its workplace. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability. It seeks individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences who will contribute to a culture of creativity, collaboration, inclusion, problem solving, innovation, high performance, and change making. It is committed to maintaining a campus environment free of harassment and discrimination.
To apply, visit: https://wpi.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WPI_External_Career_Site/job/Worcester/Community-Director_R0002539-1
WPI is a vibrant, active, and diverse community of extraordinary students, world-renowned faculty, and state of the art research facilities. At WPI, we have competitive and comprehensive benefits, including health insurance, long-term care, retirement, tuition assistance, flexible spending accounts, work-life balance and much more.
Diversity & Inclusion at WPI
WPI is committed to creating an inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued and respected; a place where every student, faculty and staff member can be themselves, so that they can study, live, and work comfortably, to reach their full potential, and make meaningful contributions in order to meet departmental and institutional goals. WPI thrives on innovative practice and welcomes diverse perspectives, insight, and people from diverse lived experiences, to enhance the community environment and propel the institution to the next level in a competitive, global marketplace.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency