Since 1979, Big Top Manufacturing has been a leader in the fabric structure industry, providing companies around the world with durable, reliable, low-maintenance shelter systems to protect their most important assets. From temporary storage tents and warehouse buildings to more permanent aircraft hangars and boat storage, Big Top has created custom structures for all sorts of applications. If you want to build a career with a thriving organization that values hard work and dedication, then consider applying at Big Top.
After 60 days, employees are provided with health, dental and vision insurance at no cost – the premiums are 100% employer-paid! Other benefits include 401(k) with employer contribution, employee assistance program, paid time off and life insurance.
The ideal candidate for this position should possess a strong structural design and architecture background. Solid knowledge in steel, concrete, and masonry is essential. Responsibilities include assessment, planning, and execution of structural designs on a wide range of projects. Majority of work will be designing or consulting on the installation of shelter projects. The engineer will report directly to the General Manager.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
FLSA Classification: Exempt
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assesses, plans, and executes structural designs on a wide range of projects.
- Designs shelter projects to withstand specific pressures and forces; ensures design specifications, safety standards, and customer requirements are met.
- Consults on the installation of projects.
- Collaborates with other designers and/or architects as it relates to the safest designs and how they may fit in with the aesthetic concept of the construction.
- Applies expert knowledge of forces and their impact on various structures.
- Analyzes suitable configurations of the basic structural components of a building or other structures.
- Researches existing and new material technology to determine practical applications, strength and durability expectations and cost-benefits information, and prepares material recommendations for current and future projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Thorough understanding of civil engineering principles, practices, and tools.
- Proficient in computer-assisted design (CAD) and other design, data recording, and analyzation software.
- Some travel to project locations may be required.
- Team player.
- Time management skills with the ability to prioritize tasks.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to identify and solve complex problems.
- Solid working knowledge in the strength of different materials (e.g. concrete, steel, or wood) and understanding of how their inclusion may necessitate a change of structural design.
Education & Experience:
- Must have experience in metal truss structures, commercial and industrial design.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering required.
- Must be able to accurately exchange information with co-workers, customers, and management.
- Must be able to remain in stationary position for 90% of the working day.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office machinery, such as copiers, printers, and telephones.
- Must be able to access and navigate job sites and construction areas.
- Normal work hours are Monday through Thursday from 7:30 am - 5:00 pm, Friday from 7:30 am - 4:30 pm. Additional hours may be required, as needed to support production goals.
Big Top Manufacturing, Inc. is headquartered in Perry, Florida, about 50 miles outside of Tallahassee. Proudly recognized as the Tree Capital of the South, Perry is located along Florida's Nature Coast and offers an abundance of outdoor activities such as hunting, fishing, camping, and boating. Learn more about Perry by visiting https://www.visitflorida.com/en-us/cities/perry.html.
Big Top Manufacturing, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, gender, or other protected characteristics. Big Top Manufacturing complies with all federal and state disability laws and makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact Human Resources.
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/1wPeqKhA6VyxYtmnEuMoJZ
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency