Case Investigator/Contact Tracer - Temporary
Worcester Polytechnic Institute - WPI
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
The aim of the WPI Contact Tracing program will be to call every person who tested positive at our on-campus testing sites, gather their close contacts, and proceed to call every close contact who is a member of WPI community to provide them with important instructions on their next steps.
In collaboration with the Worcester Board of Health, Student Health Services and Environmental Health and Safety, the Case Investigator/Contact Tracer will be a core member of the Public Health Team and report directly to the Public Health Team Manager.
WPI is seeking part-time, temporary Case Investigator/Contact Tracer. For all positions ideal candidates must have evening and weekend availability. Part time staff must be able to commit at least 10 hours a week, though 16 or more hours per week is preferred. The team will continuously monitor test results, collect and enter data into contact tracing databases, provide isolation and quarantine instruction to all cases and contacts, coordinate isolation and quarantine housing for residential students, arrange testing for close contacts on campus, and monitor cases and contacts throughout isolation and quarantine.
The Case Investigator/Contact Tracer will join a fast paced and dynamic team to help conduct contact tracing for COVID-19 WPI's Worcester campus. The team operates 10 hours a day M-F and provides on-call support on weekends. Contact tracers will be asked to rotate weekend shifts to cover these on-call hours.
- Act as primary point person to call people with a positive diagnostic test for COVID-19, provide support and gather information including information about the disease
- Call contacts of newly diagnosed patients
- Follow up with positive cases and contacts daily to ensure they have the resources needed and symptoms are improving
- Collect and record information on symptoms into Case Management databases
- Provide positive cases and contacts with approved information about WPI's isolation and quarantine procedures, and if appropriate, refer them to testing according to WPI Protocols
- Triage and coordinate next steps for care and isolation for individuals, including social resources as necessary
- Escalate situations appropriately to The Public Health Team Manager when needed.
- Identify potential case clusters and report those to Public Health Team Manager.
- Ensure complete documentation and data entry that follows interactions with cases and contacts
- Respond to community inquiries in the public health team inbox while on shift.
- Experience supporting individuals in high-stress situations
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Proficiency with web-based data management and collaboration platforms, especially Microsoft suite
- High school or GED required
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Critical thinking and sound judgment required
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion and professionalism
- Experience with infectious disease contact tracing is desired
- Experience in clinical medicine, public health, social work, or other patient or customer-facing work will be considered in lieu of previous experience in contact tracing
- Experience working with University students a plus
- Understand the CDC and the MDPH guidelines and the WPI protocols
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Ability to speak, read, and write English fluently
- Ability to exhibit a professional, positive attitude and work ethic
- Ability to interact professionally and show empathy with culturally diverse individuals in distress
- Must have access to reliable Wi-Fi network
- Familiarity with WPI and Worcester communities a plus
WPI requires employees to be fully-vaccinated for COVID-19. For more information on this requirement or additional information on WPI's response to COVID-19, please click on this link: https://www.wpi.edu/we-are-wpi
United States of America (Non-Exempt)
WPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability. We are seeking individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences who will contribute to a culture of creativity and collaboration, inclusion, problem solving and change making.
To apply, visit: https://wpi.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WPI_External_Career_Site/job/Worcester/Case-Investigator-Contact-Tracer---Temporary_R0001724
WPI is a vibrant, active, and diverse community of extraordinary students, world-renowned faculty, and state of the art research facilities. At WPI, we have competitive and comprehensive benefits, including health insurance, long-term care, retirement, tuition assistance, flexible spending accounts, work-life balance and much more.
Diversity & Inclusion at WPI
WPI is committed to creating an inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued and respected; a place where every student, faculty and staff member can be themselves, so that they can study, live, and work comfortably, to reach their full potential, and make meaningful contributions in order to meet departmental and institutional goals. WPI thrives on innovative practice and welcomes diverse perspectives, insight, and people from diverse lived experiences, to enhance the community environment and propel the institution to the next level in a competitive, global marketplace.
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-5c82e5ddb429454199069551be81b9db