COVID Testing Coordinator
Student Development & Counseling
Worcester Polytechnic Institute - WPI
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
The COVID Testing Coordinator oversees all aspects of WPI's approach to various COVID testing strategies employed as part of its comprehensive and multimodal approach to supporting students health during the COVID pandemic. This would include developing population level as well as strategic testing plans and strategies and coordinating the implementation of these strategies with both on-campus and off campus resources. Additionally, the Coordinator will develop and oversee a WPI specific contact tracing program. This is a full-time, one-year temporary benefited position.
- In coordination with COVID Health Planning Group develop and evolve overall strategy for an ongoing testing program, to include both population level testing as well as strategic testing of higher risk populations.
- Establish and sustain working relationships with third party testing resources (labs).
- Organize on-campus and off-campus resources for collecting test samples as needed.
- In coordination with Health Services, establish protocols for general, asymptomatic testing process to include establishing appropriate locations and organizing systems whereby sample collection will occur in a safe and effective manner.
- In coordination with COVID Planning Group, identify high priority populations and plans for strategic testing (eg students in quarantine, students in high density housing) to occur periodically and as needed.
- Oversee the implementation of all population level and strategic testing strategies.
- Recruit, organize, train and support individuals qualified to conduct contract tracing.
- Establish working relationship with Local Board of Health to collaborate/communicate around testing and contact tracing practices and procedures.
- Maintain a database in support of testing and contracting tracing processes.
- Monitor daily symptom checker database, coordinate outreach with Health Services Staff and contact students as needed to promote daily use of symptom checker.
- Maintain current knowledge of evolving COVID testing technologies.
- Work on a daily basis in coordination with WPI Isolation/Quarantine Coordinator.
- Other Duties as assigned.
- Serve in on-call rotation.
- Master's Degree in Public Health, Social Work, Counseling, Higher Education, Student development (will consider Bachelors Degree with three plus years of experience).
- One or more years of experience working in higher education setting.
- Administrative and supervisory experience in a higher education setting.
- Proficiency in an Electronic Medical Records (EHR), Practice Management (PM) or Contact Management application, along with data analysis skills.
- Excellent critical thinking and strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Outstanding organizational skills.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills including planning, establishing priorities, and multi-tasking.
Please include a cover letter to be considered for this position.
United States of America (Exempt)
WPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability. We are seeking individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences who will contribute to a culture of creativity and collaboration, inclusion, problem solving and change making.
To apply, visit: https://wpi.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WPI_External_Career_Site/job/Worcester/COVID-Testing-Coordinator_R0000976
WPI is a vibrant, active, and diverse community of extraordinary students, world-renowned faculty, and state of the art research facilities. At WPI, we have competitive and comprehensive benefits, including health insurance, long-term care, retirement, tuition assistance, flexible spending accounts, work-life balance and much more.
Diversity & Inclusion at WPI
WPI is committed to creating an inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued and respected; a place where every student, faculty and staff member can be themselves, so that they can study, live, and work comfortably, to reach their full potential, and make meaningful contributions in order to meet departmental and institutional goals. WPI thrives on innovative practice and welcomes diverse perspectives, insight, and people from diverse lived experiences, to enhance the community environment and propel the institution to the next level in a competitive, global marketplace.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency