CERES Lab Manager
Worcester Polytechnic Institute - WPI
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
WPI's Cell Engineering Research Equipment Suite (CERES) seeks a Lab Manager to oversee and execute research access, training, and contract projects for academic and industry clients seeking assistance and access to equipment to support cell analytics.
CERES@WPI is a is a fee-for-use facility designed to provide WPI researchers and regional industry and academic partners access to state-of-the-art instruments for quantitative analysis of engineered cells. It is located within the WPI Biomanufacturing Education and Training Center, Suite 2400, at 50 Prescott Street in Worcester, Massachusetts.
In collaboration with CERES faculty directors and graduate student trainers, the Lab Manager will:
- Be responsible for CERES day-to-day operations
- Manage the lab space and equipment (including computing and data access, inventory, and research equipment maintenance)
- Manage scheduling of equipment use and user training
- Supervise and train users on proper use of specialized equipment
- Work with business development staff to facilitate user invoicing and facility access
- Work collaboratively with academic and industry researchers accessing the facility
- Work collaboratively with other relevant WPI departments (EHS, Facilities, Research Computing)
- Outreach to equipment vendors to manage contract maintenance, repairs, upgrades, and training
CERES was designed to serve as a fee-for-use facility to support cell engineering and cellular analytics research, and provide access to core equipment resources. Equipment and capabilities include automated liquid handling, flow cytometry (analysis, not sorting), automated droplet digital PCR, plate readers and automated image acquisition. A qualified candidate must be able to demonstrate excellence in organizing and managing the laboratory, providing user training and research support, knowledge and enforcement of safety procedures, and equipment maintenance and documentation.
WPI is passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We are looking for candidates who can support our commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion.
- B.S. or Associate's degree in biology, biochemistry, bioengineering or related discipline with 2-5 years prior research experience in industry or academic settings desirable.
- Prior laboratory experience with flow cytometry, microscopy, PCR, laboratory software, and equipment maintenance.
- Experience working with internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience in the setup, calibration, maintenance and troubleshooting of cell and molecular biology equipment, including PCs and software.
- Experience with programming and automation is an asset, but is not required.
- An advanced (graduate - MS or PhD) degree is an asset, but is not required.
Applicants should submit a resume, cover letter addressing their qualifications, and names and email addresses for at least three professional references. Please direct queries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
WPI requires that all employees to be fully-vaccinated for COVID-19 and boosted (if applicable). For additional information, please go to https://www.wpi.edu/we-are-wpi.
United States of America (Exempt)
WPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability. We are seeking individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences who will contribute to a culture of creativity and collaboration, inclusion, problem solving and change making.
To apply, visit: https://wpi.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WPI_External_Career_Site/job/Worcester/CERES-Lab--Manager_R0002032
WPI is a vibrant, active, and diverse community of extraordinary students, world-renowned faculty, and state of the art research facilities. At WPI, we have competitive and comprehensive benefits, including health insurance, long-term care, retirement, tuition assistance, flexible spending accounts, work-life balance and much more.
Diversity & Inclusion at WPI
WPI is committed to creating an inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued and respected; a place where every student, faculty and staff member can be themselves, so that they can study, live, and work comfortably, to reach their full potential, and make meaningful contributions in order to meet departmental and institutional goals. WPI thrives on innovative practice and welcomes diverse perspectives, insight, and people from diverse lived experiences, to enhance the community environment and propel the institution to the next level in a competitive, global marketplace.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-2f8a2c6a3cde5e429aebfb2f16fe343d