Business Unit Director, HIV - Nordics
Sweden - Solna - Stockholm
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead Sciences is a research-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops, and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. We are significantly growing our pipeline through internal research, partnerships and acquisitions. Gilead's therapeutic areas of focus include HIV, Liver Diseases, Oncology, Hematology and inflammatory diseases.
With more than 70 employees, Gilead Nordics office is based in Solna (Stockholm), Sweden and is responsible for the company's products in Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Finland and Iceland.
This Business Unit Director HIV (BUD) role provides an exciting opportunity to drive Gilead's HIV business by helping Nordic health care professionals to ensure potential long-term treatment success for people living with HIV. The BUD role combines cross-functional leadership with strategic and hands-on tactical guidance to the HIV sales & marketing team (consisting of 8 direct reports). Reporting to the Nordic General Manager and a member of the Nordic leadership Team, this BUD HIV role is based in the Nordic region, preferably in our regional headquarters in Solna.
- Lead the cross-functional team providing vision, motivation, support and coaching
- Drive and grow the Nordic HIV business and achieve the commercial objectives
- Continue to grow our key HIV products across the Nordics and launch future Gilead HIV medicines
- Execute the global commercial HIV strategy (adapted to the Nordics) and ensure the flawless execution of action plans for the HIV portfolio
- Lead and develop a high-performing commercial team
- Drive operational excellence in marketing & sales efforts and business/forecast planning
- Develop, implement, and maintain the required infrastructure to meet business goals
- Collaborate with the cross-functional HIV team to improve long-term treatment success for HIV
- Establish effective working relationships with opinion leaders and other key stakeholders & be recognized as partner in improving quality of care (through, for instance, co-creation projects with key accounts)
- Partner with Medical Affairs to ensure effective development and implementation of strategies
- Partner with Government Affairs and Public Affairs to ensure a positive policy environment
- Support Market Access activities (e.g. tender submissions) and future launches as relevant
- Create an inclusive environment in which every member of the team has an opportunity to develop and succeed
- Contribute actively as Nordic leadership team member to the development of our organization
- Embrace our company culture, which is defined by the Gilead leadership commitments and core values
- Represent Gilead Sciences Nordics internally and externally, with a cross-functional vision in global and regional forums. Maneuver flawlessly through the matrix and collaborate closely with global HQ functions.
Required Knowledge, Experience & Skills:
The successful candidate will be a recognized leader with excellent communication skills. The role requires being comfortable at working in a high-growth environment where influencing and negotiating across an organization are prerequisites. You will need to demonstrate the ability to manage complexity, ambiguity and paradoxes through thinking outside of the box with a collaborative, constructive and solution-oriented approach.
- Advanced business or science degree (MBA, MD, PharmD, PhD) preferred
- Must have solid commercial leadership experience in the biopharmaceutical industry, working with specialist physicians.
- Experience from HIV, or virology, as well as established business relationships with those KOLs in the Nordic region would be a considerable asset.
- Must have a track record of effectively managing sales forces
- Must be a pragmatic individual who enjoys getting involved in the business at all levels and across all disciplines. Broad-based cross-functional experience is an asset.
- Must have a track record of successful budget management with an understanding of revenue forecasting and expense budget planning and tracking
- Must demonstrate excellence in project management and effectively dealing with multiple projects/priorities in parallel
- Experience with Nordic pharmaceutical regulatory requirements, relevant knowledge of the Nordic pharmaceutical market and experience with the Nordic reimbursement systems (or demonstrated ability to gain and develop knowledge rapidly).
- Experience from disease areas with significant cost-focus and generic competition is a plus
- Strong leadership qualities such as having the ability to attract, motive and retain talent and drive a culture of collaboration, engagement and motivation.
- Must be strong at building new relationships rapidly with various external stakeholders
- Strong learning agility and willingness to self-develop and take on increasing responsibility
- Excellent command of written and spoken English is essential, and basic Nordic language skills are highly welcome
- Ability to provide strategic input at an above country level
- International experience, either working in a Global or Regional role or in the context of above country project teams is desirable
- Openness to travel within the Nordic region and to some extent internationally when safe to do so
Gilead Core Values
Integrity (always doing the right thing)
Inclusion (do not exclude anyone on race, colour, sex or disability)
Teamwork (collaborating in good faith)
Excellence (working at a high level of commitment and capability)
Accountability (taking personal responsibility)
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
It is the policy of Gilead Sciences, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively "Gilead" or the "Company") to recruit select and employ the most qualified persons available for positions throughout the Company. Except if otherwise provided by applicable law, all employment actions relating to issues such as compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, returns from layoffs, company-sponsored training, education assistance, social and recreational programs are administered on a non-discriminatory basis (i.e. without regard to protected characteristics or prohibited grounds, which may include an individual's gender, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, veteran status, and age, unless such protection is prohibited by federal, state, municipal, provincial, local or other applicable laws). Gilead also prohibits discrimination based on any other characteristics protected by applicable laws.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/Sweden---Solna---Stockholm/Business-Unit-Director--HIV---Nordics_R0020053-2
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency