Associate Director, FP&A
United Kingdom - London
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Associate Director, FP&A - UK & Ireland
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead's therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
The Associate Director FP&A, UK & Ireland (UK&I) is a key Finance business partnering role reporting to the UK&I Finance Lead. The role will have a specific therapeutic focus but will also be responsible for delivering the total UK&I FP&A and country business objectives. The role is responsible for partnering with the UK&I commercial business at all levels, as well as the wider regional and global finance teams to ensure delivery of key business goals and strategies. This role has a broad range of responsibilities in operational finance and financial analyses and requires strong partnership with diverse stakeholders and management of multiple priorities in a fast-paced, changing environment. Key responsibilities include:
- Leads the budgeting (planning) process for the specified therapeutic area within the UK&I business. Proactively sets the planning calendar and drives and delivers the forecast for revenues and operating expense by leading the business and other key partners through the FP&A process and ensuring deliverables are met on time and to the highest standards of quality and accuracy.
- Leads the development and delivery of accurate and timely monthly management reporting including monthly financials, revenue and operating expense reporting vs. budget and prior periods. Develops good understanding of key performance drivers and issues to ensure that key risks and opportunities are highlighted.
- Develops financial analyses and ad-hoc analyses for senior management to support tactical and strategic decision making - e.g. input to business cases, cost analysis, what if scenarios, etc. as stipulated by the needs of the business.
- Drives continuous process improvement, efficiency and best practices within finance and the wider organisation, partnering with global functions and the business as needed.
- Ensures compliance with worldwide policies and procedures, and local statutory reporting and overall consolidations.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- Extensive experience in a senior financial planning and analysis roles in a complex matrixed environment. Demonstrated ability to influence and challenge effectively at all levels in the organization.
- Strong decision making, critical thinking and analytics skills, coupled with high business acumen and the ability to translate principles of finance theory into practical application.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with multiple functions at all levels and manage multiple relationships with diverse stakeholders. Demonstrates open and transparent communication and proactively seeks feedback and clarification when needed.
- Experience of managing or driving improvement / transformation projects within a finance setting.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) required
- BS or BA is required and an MBA or professional accounting qualification is preferred.
- Prior experience in biotech or pharmaceuticals industry and/or in high-growth multi-national organizations is a plus.
- In-depth knowledge of Oracle or equivalent ERP system and high proficiency with Microsoft tools. Tableau experience is a plus.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
It is the policy of Gilead Sciences, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively "Gilead" or the "Company") to recruit select and employ the most qualified persons available for positions throughout the Company. Except if otherwise provided by applicable law, all employment actions relating to issues such as compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, returns from layoffs, company-sponsored training, education assistance, social and recreational programs are administered on a non-discriminatory basis (i.e. without regard to protected characteristics or prohibited grounds, which may include an individual's gender, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, veteran status, and age, unless such protection is prohibited by federal, state, municipal, provincial, local or other applicable laws). Gilead also prohibits discrimination based on any other characteristics protected by applicable laws.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-Kingdom---London/Associate-Director--FP-A_R0017356-2
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency