Associate Director, Corporate Relations
Worcester Polytechnic Institute - WPI
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Support the Executive Director with the administration of a comprehensive and holistic Corporate Relations strategy with a strong focus on facilitating outreach operations and managing projects. Develops strong and sustainable corporate-university relations plans to grow opportunities in priority areas for the university that will benefit WPI students and faculty.
- Maintain, develop and identify relationships with businesses regarding the partnership with WPI through the development of prioritization of outreach, organizing meetings, facilitating opportunities and implementing communications
- Assist in the management and facilitation of the WPI Sponsored Project Program processes and related agreements with external stakeholders and WPI faculty
- Cultivate and engage corporate partners through the management of WPI Corporate Days as well as other industry-partner related events to bring connections together
- Integrate processes into Salesforce and create dashboards to develop transparency of corporate activity on campus
- Assist in facilitation of Corporate Connect meetings with internal-to-WPI stakeholders across multiple divisions
- Manage the recruitment of Corporate Sponsorships for WPI's Student Ambassador Program
- Work with the Advancement marketing team on Corporate Relations collateral and holistic-corporate partner websites
- Evaluate metrics/reports related to corporate partners using NACRO best practices
- Partner with colleagues in Advancement, Academic Affairs, Student Affairs (Career Development Center), & Research to advance holistic corporate engagement opportunities
- Develop corporate outreach strategies within industries that align with newer WPI disciplines and priority research areas
- Visit prospective organizations to familiarize them with the wide range of engagement opportunities available at WPI in partnership with relevant faculty and colleagues
- Communicate and customize presentations to partners from start-up organizations through top-tier Fortune-list companies to share opportunities and develop partnership plans
- Represent WPI and the Corporate Relations Office at meetings and events on and off-campus
- Oversee data collection and reporting of corporate activities across campus
- Assist in the financial operations of the Corporate Relations team through Workday
- Other duties as assigned
- Master's degree in MBA, business, or relationally-focused field preferred
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in client relationship management
- Experience with Salesforce, Workday, Microsoft Office & Teams, virtual meeting platforms and database tools highly desirable
- Knowledge of science, technology, engineering and math (STEM), business, humanities & arts disciplines covering baccalaureate, masters and doctoral degrees
- Strong knowledge of strategic corporate partnership planning and implementation
- Highly effective written & verbal communication skills
- Prior experience with invoicing & billing
- Familiarity and comfort with helping lead change initiatives
- Some day and overnight travel required
WPI is passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We are looking for candidates who can support our commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion.
United States of America (Exempt)
WPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability. We are seeking individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences who will contribute to a culture of creativity and collaboration, inclusion, problem solving and change making.
To apply, visit: https://wpi.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WPI_External_Career_Site/job/Worcester/Associate-Director--Corporate-Relations_R0001282
WPI is a vibrant, active, and diverse community of extraordinary students, world-renowned faculty, and state of the art research facilities. At WPI, we have competitive and comprehensive benefits, including health insurance, long-term care, retirement, tuition assistance, flexible spending accounts, work-life balance and much more.
Diversity & Inclusion at WPI
WPI is committed to creating an inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued and respected; a place where every student, faculty and staff member can be themselves, so that they can study, live, and work comfortably, to reach their full potential, and make meaningful contributions in order to meet departmental and institutional goals. WPI thrives on innovative practice and welcomes diverse perspectives, insight, and people from diverse lived experiences, to enhance the community environment and propel the institution to the next level in a competitive, global marketplace.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency