Assistant Director of Admissions
Worcester Polytechnic Institute - WPI
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
The individual will work with the admissions team to further WPI's efforts to attract and enroll the most qualified undergraduate students. Lead in the development, coordination, and implementation of strategic annual on-campus recruitment events. Major events include Open Houses and Admitted Student Events. They will be charged with developing and implementing strategies to convey key institutional messages to prospective students and parents on and off campus and to cultivate professional relationships with school counselors and key educational organizations. Member of the Campus Visit team, collaborating with internal and external stakeholders. We are a collaborative team with an ongoing focus of deepening our understanding of the intersectional identities of all members of our community. We are committed to providing a safe and welcoming environment for students and staff, which is inclusive and culturally informed.
WPI is passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We are looking for candidates who can support our commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion.
Job Description Responsibilities
- Lead in the development, coordination, and implementation of strategic annual on-campus recruitment events. Major events include Open Houses and Admitted Student Events.
- Build strong working relationships with the Events Office, Catering, Facilities, Academic Technology Center, and academic departmental partners and other University offices to coordinate admissions recruitment events.
- Partner with the Crimson Key tour guide manager and Admissions Associates manager to deploy student resources during large scale Admissions events.
- Work collaboratively with University Marketing and Enrollment Communications to develop effective marketing campaigns, materials, and communications designed to promote the events and maximize attendance.
- Leverage Salesforce technology, working with Enrollment Systems and Operations staff to create seamless online registration processes and develop highly personalized event experiences.
- Evaluate event success through frequent assessment, evaluating year-over-year trends and recommendations for improvement.
- Participate in professional development activities and seek opportunities for continued growth to ensure that events are managed using industry best practices and to bring fresh ideas for engaging event attendees.
- Conduct Admissions presentations on- and off-campus.
- Travel (4 to 6 weeks in the fall and 1 to 2 weeks in the spring) for recruitment and public relations purposes.
- Review and evaluate admissions applications from assigned geographic territory.
- Advise prospective WPI students, parents and school counselors.
- Communicate with prospects via email, letter or phone.
- Identify and implement admissions strategies in assigned geographic region.
- Participate in shared decision-making regarding annual admissions planning.
- Represent WPI on and off campus at professional conferences and related events.
- Cultivate relationships with school counselors, community-based organizations, parents, students (current and prospective), WPI faculty and alumni.
- Staff Undergraduate Enrollment programs and events - such as open houses and Touch Tomorrow - which may occur during nights and weekends.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- At least one year of Admissions or related experience required
- Experience with event planning preferred.
- Willingness to travel and availability for night and weekend work.
- Valid driver's license is required for recruitment travel.
- This individual needs to be a self-starter who is able to work independently yet also as part of a dynamic team.
- Must be able to manage multiple ongoing projects and responsibilities
- The candidate must possess excellent organizational and communication skills, strong analytical abilities, a high energy level and maturity.
- Applicants from under-represented groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Bilingual skills desirable.
Please include a cover letter with your resume for consideration.
WPI requires employees to be fully-vaccinated (including a booster shot) for COVID-19. For additional information on WPI's response to COVID-19, refer to https://www.wpi.edu/we-are-wpi
United States of America (Exempt)
WPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability. We are seeking individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences who will contribute to a culture of creativity and collaboration, inclusion, problem solving and change making.
To apply, visit: https://wpi.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WPI_External_Career_Site/job/Worcester/Assistant-Director-of-Admissions_R0001915
WPI is a vibrant, active, and diverse community of extraordinary students, world-renowned faculty, and state of the art research facilities. At WPI, we have competitive and comprehensive benefits, including health insurance, long-term care, retirement, tuition assistance, flexible spending accounts, work-life balance and much more.
Diversity & Inclusion at WPI
WPI is committed to creating an inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued and respected; a place where every student, faculty and staff member can be themselves, so that they can study, live, and work comfortably, to reach their full potential, and make meaningful contributions in order to meet departmental and institutional goals. WPI thrives on innovative practice and welcomes diverse perspectives, insight, and people from diverse lived experiences, to enhance the community environment and propel the institution to the next level in a competitive, global marketplace.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-aa54ad24764f3848b19cfb5f96ffb8a0