Assistant Director, Student Success
Graduate Recruitment & Admissions II
Worcester Polytechnic Institute - WPI
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
The Assistant Director, Student Success is responsible for providing support to graduate students throughout their program. The duties of this position include being a student resource for all questions and concerns throughout their graduate experience. Guidance may come in various forms such as admissions questions, establishing plans of study, course registration, and graduation. Additionally, the Assistant Director, Student Success is responsible for proactively identifying areas for process improvement to increase student success, satisfaction, and retention. They will also work in partnership with the Enrollment and Admissions Teams to develop strategic processes for graduate student growth. The Assistant Director will report directly to the Associate Director, Student Success.
WPI is passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We are looking for candidates who can support our commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion.
- Act as primary contact for graduate students enrolled in assigned programs. Provide operational support of program activities such as proper documentation of graduate forms, assistance with navigating and accessing campus resources and provide guidance with course selection and enrollment
- Oversee the timely and accurate recording of academic data within the current university management and academic system (Workday) and other technology systems i.e Salesforce, Slate
- Conduct proactive outreach to active students each semester as a check in and ensure they are on track to meet their educational goals. Work within WPI Care system to address concerns about a student.
- Obtain, document, and interpret feedback from our students and make recommendations for specific actions to improve student satisfaction in content and delivery
- Responsible for the efficient utilization of all existing campus support services, and for developing and maintaining open and clear communication, as required, with all campus program directors in support of students
- Responsible for student satisfaction and achieving targeted satisfaction scores, with a focus on retaining students through service and support
- Assist in the development of, and recommend improvements to, all processes, policies, and procedures for Graduate Studies, including but not limited to, the transition from Enrollment to Student Success team, as well as processes to drive improved student satisfaction, retention, and completion rates
- Organize and manage student related communications, events, and functions
- Assist in interviewing and training of new team members
- Special projects and other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree a minimum plus at least five years of progressively responsible administrative experience in customer relations, marketing, sales, customer service, or related field
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Administrative experience at a college or university desired
- Demonstrated capability with Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Etc.
- Previous experience working in a Customer Management System is preferred
- Proven ability to work effectively at multiple levels within the business and academic community
- Ability to work autonomously and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment
WPI requires that all employees to be fully-vaccinated for COVID-19 and boosted (if applicable). For additional information, please go to https://www.wpi.edu/we-are-wpi.
United States of America (Exempt)
WPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability. We are seeking individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences who will contribute to a culture of creativity and collaboration, inclusion, problem solving and change making.
To apply, visit: https://wpi.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WPI_External_Career_Site/job/Worcester/Assistant-Director--Student-Success_R0002011
WPI is a vibrant, active, and diverse community of extraordinary students, world-renowned faculty, and state of the art research facilities. At WPI, we have competitive and comprehensive benefits, including health insurance, long-term care, retirement, tuition assistance, flexible spending accounts, work-life balance and much more.
Diversity & Inclusion at WPI
WPI is committed to creating an inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued and respected; a place where every student, faculty and staff member can be themselves, so that they can study, live, and work comfortably, to reach their full potential, and make meaningful contributions in order to meet departmental and institutional goals. WPI thrives on innovative practice and welcomes diverse perspectives, insight, and people from diverse lived experiences, to enhance the community environment and propel the institution to the next level in a competitive, global marketplace.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-7590787cd34ab6498f26c0187f31979e