Assistant Director, Counseling Services
Student Development & Counseling
Worcester Polytechnic Institute - WPI
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
The Assistant Director's primary function is to provide services to address student needs for personal, social, academic and professional development. Provide services through individual counseling, group counseling, outreach programming and consultation. Assume primary leadership intern recruitment, training and support. Assist Director with evolving effective clinical delivery strategies. Act as a consultant for faculty, staff and parents who have concerns about students and to help to educate the campus community about student development needs and issues. Support office functioning by running various staff meetings as assigned.
WPI is passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We are looking for candidates who can support our commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion.
- Counseling Students: Provide short-term counseling to WPI students to address student concerns and make referrals to local resources where appropriate. Provide mandated counseling for students referred judicially. Provide crisis counseling as needed.
- Intern Development: Provide primary leadership for established clinical internship program to include recruitment of interns, overseeing training, ongoing support and evaluation.
- Clinical Consultation and Referral: Provide clinical consultation to other professional staff within the SDCC. Consult with faculty, staff, students, and parents about concerns with WPI students and follow up as necessary. Represent the SDCC in monthly Worcester Consortium of Counselors meetings.
- SDCC Clinical delivery development: In coordination with Director assume leadership for the development and implementation of evidence based clinical delivery models. Lead weekly Case Management meetings. Organize and support internal professional development opportunities.
- Clinical Supervision: Provide ongoing clinical supervision for SDCC Counseling staff as assigned
- Student Affairs and Campus Life: Participate in division of Student Affairs and Campus Life meetings and activities. Serve on division or campus wide committees as appropriate. Participate in the SDCC Clinical on-call rotation. Advise peer education groups as appropriate.
- Connect with Campus Community: Establish and maintain a constituency of faculty and staff on campus and consult with faculty and staff on campus-wide programs such as new student orientation and alcohol education programs. Participate in major events organized by other offices on campus as appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master's degree in social work, counseling psychology, higher education counseling or clinical psychology required.
- License eligible as a mental health counselor or psychologist in the State of Massachusetts within one year of hiring.
- Two to five years of experience as a counselor in higher education.
- The ability and willingness to work with a diverse population in individual, group and programmatic settings. Willing and able to work evenings and weekends as necessary, though rare.
WPI requires employees to be fully-vaccinated for COVID-19. For additional information on WPI's response to COVID-19, refer to https://www.wpi.edu/we-are-wpi
United States of America (Exempt)
WPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability. We are seeking individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences who will contribute to a culture of creativity and collaboration, inclusion, problem solving and change making.
To apply, visit: https://wpi.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WPI_External_Career_Site/job/Worcester/Assistant-Director--Counseling-Services_R0001722
WPI is a vibrant, active, and diverse community of extraordinary students, world-renowned faculty, and state of the art research facilities. At WPI, we have competitive and comprehensive benefits, including health insurance, long-term care, retirement, tuition assistance, flexible spending accounts, work-life balance and much more.
Diversity & Inclusion at WPI
WPI is committed to creating an inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued and respected; a place where every student, faculty and staff member can be themselves, so that they can study, live, and work comfortably, to reach their full potential, and make meaningful contributions in order to meet departmental and institutional goals. WPI thrives on innovative practice and welcomes diverse perspectives, insight, and people from diverse lived experiences, to enhance the community environment and propel the institution to the next level in a competitive, global marketplace.
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-e98104ea8b989f4cba84e831215a1c83