This ad is expired.
- Admissions Counselor, Campus Visits
- Go to our website »
Admissions Counselor, Campus Visits
Worcester Polytechnic Institute - WPI
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
The individual will work with the admissions team to further WPI's efforts to attract and enroll the most qualified undergraduate students. Member of the Campus Visit team, collaborating with internal and external stakeholders. Assist in the development, coordination, and implementation of strategic annual on-campus recruitment events. Major events include Open Houses and Admitted Student Events. They will be charged with developing and implementing strategies to convey key institutional messages to prospective students and parents on and off campus and to cultivate professional relationships with school counselors and key educational organizations. We are a collaborative team with an ongoing focus of deepening our understanding of the intersectional identities of all members of our community. We are committed to providing a safe and welcoming environment for students and staff, which is inclusive and culturally informed.
Job Description Responsibilities
- Assist in the development, coordination, and implementation of strategic annual on-campus recruitment events. Major events include Open Houses and Admitted Student Events.
- Collaborate with the Events Office, Catering, Facilities, Academic Technology Center, and academic departmental partners and other University offices to coordinate admissions recruitment events.
- Partner with the Crimson Key tour guide manager and assist with the coordination of Admissions Associates for daily visits as well as large scale Admissions events.
- Participate in professional development activities and seek opportunities for continued growth to ensure that events are managed using industry best practices and to bring fresh ideas for engaging event attendees.
- Conduct Admissions presentations and interviews on- and off-campus.
- Travel (4 to 6 weeks in the fall and 1 to 2 weeks in the spring) for recruitment and public relations purposes.
- Review and evaluate admissions applications from assigned geographic territory.
- Advise prospective WPI students, parents and school counselors.
- Communicate with prospects via email, letter or phone.
- Identify and implement admissions strategies in assigned geographic region.
- Participate in shared decision-making regarding annual admissions planning.
- Represent WPI on and off campus at professional conferences and related events.
- Cultivate relationships with school counselors, community-based organizations, parents, students (current and prospective), WPI faculty and alumni.
- Staff Undergraduate Enrollment programs and events - such as open houses and Touch Tomorrow - which may occur during nights and weekends.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- One year of more admissions experience as a student or professional desired.
- Willingness to travel and availability for night and weekend work.
- Valid driver's license is required for recruitment travel.
- This individual needs to be a self-starter who is able to work independently, yet also as part of a successful team.
- Must be able to manage multiple ongoing projects and responsibilities.
- The candidate must possess excellent organizational and communication skills, strong analytical abilities, a high energy level, and maturity.
- Bilingual skills desirable.
- Skills, knowledge and experience specifically focused on the needs of students of color, students from indigenous communities, LGBTQIA+ students, international students, first generation students and students holding other intersectional identities.
- Applicants from under-represented groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please include a cover letter with your resume for consideration.
WPI requires employees to be fully-vaccinated (including a booster shot) for COVID-19. For additional information on WPI's response to COVID-19, refer to https://www.wpi.edu/we-are-wpi
United States of America (Exempt)
WPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability. We are seeking individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences who will contribute to a culture of creativity and collaboration, inclusion, problem solving and change making.
To apply, visit: https://wpi.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WPI_External_Career_Site/job/Worcester/Admissions-Counselor--Campus-Visits_R0001978
WPI is a vibrant, active, and diverse community of extraordinary students, world-renowned faculty, and state of the art research facilities. At WPI, we have competitive and comprehensive benefits, including health insurance, long-term care, retirement, tuition assistance, flexible spending accounts, work-life balance and much more.
Diversity & Inclusion at WPI
WPI is committed to creating an inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued and respected; a place where every student, faculty and staff member can be themselves, so that they can study, live, and work comfortably, to reach their full potential, and make meaningful contributions in order to meet departmental and institutional goals. WPI thrives on innovative practice and welcomes diverse perspectives, insight, and people from diverse lived experiences, to enhance the community environment and propel the institution to the next level in a competitive, global marketplace.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-6f3e23089deb2d46a4ae03e969997344